Happy Founders Day!

browniehound

UPS, 101 years old. Is this a good or bad thing? I ask this to the people heavily invested in the company and for those new employees thinking of participating in the DESSP program.

How many companies have been in business for 101 years? Maybe the beer companies? US Steel? GE?

I'm just asking here because I would be a little skeptical about buying UPS right now.

From what I hear from management is we are losing volume to our competitors. I don't think this will stop happening, no matter what we do.

The economy is soft and energy prices are high with only one place to go (higher).

Will we be in business 30 years from now?

I say probably because the economy relies on somebody to move its goods. I still think UPS is in the best position to do that at a profit. I do feel that it will happen with the slimest of profit margins in the coming years?

Will UPS stock be the best place to invest your money?

It doesn't look that way? What do you think?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My UPS Monopoly Game Tokens. I think this game is funny. Its like regular Monopoly, but it has a few twists. Boardwalk is UPS Headquarters. The houses are UPS Stores and the Hotels are Hubs. If you have a missed delivery, you pay a fine. If you miss two, you go to jail. :happy2:
IMG_0933.jpg

W

westsideworma

My UPS Monopoly Game Tokens. I think this game is funny. Its like the regular Monopoly, but it has a few twists. Boardwalk is UPS Headquarters. The houses are UPS Stores and the Hotels are Hubs. If you have a missed delivery, you pay a fine. If you miss two, you go to jail. :happy2:

200 dollar salary? who would work for that....wait thats more than I made as a loader until I was moved to the heavy line. lol whoops

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
200 dollar salary? who would work for that....wait thats more than I made as a loader until I was moved to the heavy line. lol whoops

Ha, I thought the same thing! If we went to jail for two service failures, my new Preloader would be sitting on Death Row right now.

outamyway

They had cake and drinks in every center this morning and had a barbecue for the preloaders. Not sure if there is anything planned for the later shifts and drivers.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Didnt even realize it was founders day.No big deal in my center.Supe didnt want to waste valuable PCM time to watch the stupid film this year.My '92 tree was downsized by a micromanaging weedeater.Probably had some kind of asian tree fungus anyway.

DS

Fenderbender
hot coffee nice; cold pizza no thanks:knockedout:
We should have a founders day for the browncafe ....
not sure how we'd celebrate it, maybe we could all get hammered or something...

jds4lunch

What the hell is YOUPS??
Today was founders day? Man our sup really dropped the ball on this one. We didn't get a page, a PCM, nothing. Not a single word about it.

wornoutupser

I wish that we had gotten more scrap metal this year. Aluminum is selling at .50/lb in my area!
We had a cake, no movie. As almost always there was a minimal effort in my area. Our last BBQ was over 10 years ago!

overallowed

so what did everyone get this year?:peaceful:
We got cookies and OJ. Several drivers in our center got written up in the pit file for not knowing safety questions by memory. If they keep this up, management will have to deliver all the packages because the drivers will be suspended. I got to drive around till 8 oclock delivering misloads. Then I went home to eat supper. That same woman was there. She is there every night, but I don't see her enought to remember her name. At least she had supper ready.:drool:

browndevil

Cake and coffee here. I start alone at my start time, so I don't get a pcm or a movie!
Ok I am hearing too many sad stories on this. Next year let's all meet back here we will have our own party More will bake a cake and we can all crack a beverage of choice at the same time. Any takers? :happy2:

BigBrownSanta

Ok I am hearing too many sad stories on this. Next year let's all meet back here we will have our own party More will bake a cake and we can all crack a beverage of choice at the same time. Any takers? :happy2:

Drewed can initiate a Founder's Day chat.

BloodyBrown can post a Founder's Day video.

Brownsuit can announce 25 and 30 year service awards.

Tieguy can give a Founder's Day speech.

We can all have our eyes glaze over fighting the drowsiness and at the end we can all raise a toast to having really pretty decent paying jobs.