Happy Founders Day!

Dutch Dawg

I wish that we had gotten more scrap metal this year. Aluminum is selling at .50/lb in my area!

Scrap cans are still commanding between .75-.80 per lb. here from honest brokers.

When I got to work last nite there was some left over sour milk to go with the sour grapes that I seem to have at work lately.

Am I the only one that found a complete aircraft contained within the pages of INSIDE UPS for this years flounders day or am I just special?

tieguy

Banned
Drewed can initiate a Founder's Day chat.

BloodyBrown can post a Founder's Day video.

Brownsuit can announce 25 and 30 year service awards.

Tieguy can give a Founder's Day speech.

We can all have our eyes glaze over fighting the drowsiness and at the end we can all raise a toast to having really pretty decent paying jobs.

Mine will be short and sweet....
A toast to all the least best mother's that made 102 years possible..hic...:happy-very:

tieguy

Banned
Scrap cans are still commanding between .75-.80 per lb. here from honest brokers.

When I got to work last nite there was some left over sour milk to go with the sour grapes that I seem to have at work lately.

Am I the only one that found a complete aircraft contained within the pages of INSIDE UPS for this years flounders day or am I just special?

I did . I'm trying to find a engineer to assemble it for me....:happy-very:

Channahon

UPS, 101 years old. Is this a good or bad thing? I ask this to the people heavily invested in the company and for those new employees thinking of participating in the DESSP program.

How many companies have been in business for 101 years? Maybe the beer companies? US Steel? GE?

I'm just asking here because I would be a little skeptical about buying UPS right now.

From what I hear from management is we are losing volume to our competitors. I don't think this will stop happening, no matter what we do.

The economy is soft and energy prices are high with only one place to go (higher).

Will we be in business 30 years from now?

I say probably because the economy relies on somebody to move its goods. I still think UPS is in the best position to do that at a profit. I do feel that it will happen with the slimest of profit margins in the coming years?

Will UPS stock be the best place to invest your money?

It doesn't look that way? What do you think?

UPS being in business for over 100 years in the small package transportation industry, as far as I know, no other company may have that claim to fame. The history of UPS and change at UPS has kept us at the forefront of the industry.

As far as UPS as an investment, well that is really a personal decision. In today's economy, who knows anymore. Diversity in your investment portfolio will minimize any losses, when heavily invested in any organization.

Keep in mind the global scope of UPS, where there are business contributions that we don't see in our part of the world. That in itself may keep UPS going for another 101 years.

And until material items are no longer needed for everyday living, there will always be a need for the transportation industy.

Eby1

We've talked about that tree before. Any updates? Who has one from '92 that is still alive and growing somewhere?

(Coves not kidding. Only driver I know who has a Jim Casey temple in his house!!!)
I got a few extra from some co-workers who did not want there's. The have grown into very nice trees in my parents front yard. Very good for privacy. If you remember they were just saplings. There well over 35 - 40 feet now...California.

Hedley_Lamarr

UPS being in business for over 100 years in the small package transportation industry, as far as I know, no other company may have that claim to fame. The history of UPS and change at UPS has kept us at the forefront of the industry.

As far as UPS as an investment, well that is really a personal decision. In today's economy, who knows anymore. Diversity in your investment portfolio will minimize any losses, when heavily invested in any organization.

Keep in mind the global scope of UPS, where there are business contributions that we don't see in our part of the world. That in itself may keep UPS going for another 101 years.

And until material items are no longer needed for everyday living, there will always be a need for the transportation industy.
Amen. My father told me at a young age, we'll always need cops, firemen, and truck drivers...

Hedley_Lamarr

Cake and coffee here. I start alone at my start time, so I don't get a pcm or a movie!
What are we to do without our PCM?? I just can't function if I don't have somebody quizzing me about the five seeing habbits, the ten point commentary, the eight keys to lifting and lowering, etc, etc, etc, blah, blah, blaaaaa.....LOVE the avatar BTW....

rushfan

At least it wasn't a piece of lead from the "first ups jet". Mine is still on the floor board of my truck. I still have the package car on the piece of wood gift. Here it was cake and ice cream.