Happy, Happy, Happy

B

BROWN4LIFE15

howdy all....it's been awhile since I last perused BC and from what I see everyone is HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY...that's awesome ! How many of you caught the big guy (DS) slip up at reportback and mention BC? It was quick and he caught himself, but isn't it hilarious that it was even on his mind? :surprised:
anyway, hope all you fellow G&A'ers have a nice weekend and continue to sing Kumbaya around the 'ole Ramsey campfire.

B

BROWN4LIFE15

glad to see you are still happy in Motown...how bout a Ramseyite's opinion now...let me hear you sing it:

Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya
Someone's singing Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbayah

Someone's laughing, Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

Someone's crying, Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

Someone's praying, Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

Someone's sleeping, Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

and when you get thirsty from all that singing, don't forget to take a sip of the kool-aid !

B

BROWN4LIFE15

BC= Brown Cafe

and ImpactedTSG, I've perused some of your threads and it makes me wonder why you even bother to monitor BC any longer---after all, you have a great new job making great money. And as usual, your posts add no substance to the conversation. Doesn't your new company have something similar to BC? Oh, and I am sure everyone is very impressed with your MSCE certification. By the way, did UPS pay for it?

ImpactedTSG

BC= Brown Cafe

and ImpactedTSG, I've perused some of your threads and it makes me wonder why you even bother to monitor BC any longer---after all, you have a great new job making great money. And as usual, your posts add no substance to the conversation. Doesn't your new company have something similar to BC? Oh, and I am sure everyone is very impressed with your MSCE certification. By the way, did UPS pay for it?
I guess you missed a few of my posts because I've answered that same question a few times already. I still own UPS stock and I like to see how TSG is and when the next round of cut backs will be. That is why I stick around.

My new company doesn't need a forum. Our CEO is a few doors down from me and everything is addressed man to man instead of anonymous posting on the web. The only certs UPS paid for were A+ and Net+ which are worth nothing in the real IT world. I earned the MSCE and Cisco Certs on my own, but thanks for asking.

S

storm405

BC= Brown Cafe

I too don't work at UPS anymore. I just love to watch the trainwreck of IT people complaining and hating on TSG and Corp IS.

I still have stock and 401k. I am still on the books for a retirement one day.

I just think that TSG & Corp IS fight the age-old fight of realizing they are second-class citizens at UPS and hate it. No matter how great Diad, PAS, HFC, etc. is, the company still considers brown-uniforms more important than business casual.

To live with so much angst and disappointment must really be tough on the family life and personal life. Too bad. I left and don't regret it none.

B

BROWN4LIFE15

isn't it kind of odd to be sticking around to see when more of your ex-coworkers get the ax? :crazy2:

ImpactedTSG

isn't it kind of odd to be sticking around to see when more of your ex-coworkers get the ax? :crazy2:
You mean the ones that had half the ability and effort of the ones that were axed but kept their jobs because they unloaded trucks for 10 years then job opped into TSG? The same ones that call corporate when rebooting the PC does not fix the problem? The same ones that call off constantly and never volunteer for upgrades because they are afraid of screwing it up? Yeah it may be odd, but I am going to enjoy watching the rest of the TSG Titanic sink.

rups

You are both sickos and perfect for each other.

One of you cheers for others to fail as a way to validate yourself. A Lose/Win mentality.

The other brings endless criticisms to as a way to get the attention that's not received as part of a tough work environment. You are part of the Lose / Lose world and will probably be there for a long time.

Catch up some reading when you get a chance and decide where you want to be and where you want the organization to be.

http://www.profitadvisors.com/win-win.shtml

A

Anonymus 1

BC= Brown Cafe

ImpactedTSG is a miserable person. All he(she?) does is troll around looking for ways to beat up on UPS. Never anything nice to say, like how UPS gave him benefits and career experience in exchange for a rotten attitude. He/she likes to see other people miserable.

ImpactedTSG

ImpactedTSG is a miserable person. All he(she?) does is troll around looking for ways to beat up on UPS. Never anything nice to say, like how UPS gave him benefits and career experience in exchange for a rotten attitude. He/she likes to see other people miserable.
Gave me benefits? I think as a non-union hourly, I had to pay for a decent portion of my benefits.

N

No?

Perhaps... Then again, explain why reality TV rules programming on cable and network television.

I hate reality TV, -- I really do. But, I'll share a secret -- I cannot help but watch an episode or two of shows when the train goes off tracks.

I suppose it can be summed up by the reaction we all have at a fire or car wreck.

B

Breany

You are both sickos and perfect for each other.

One of you cheers for others to fail as a way to validate yourself. A Lose/Win mentality.

The other brings endless criticisms to as a way to get the attention that's not received as part of a tough work environment. You are part of the Lose / Lose world and will probably be there for a long time.

Catch up some reading when you get a chance and decide where you want to be and where you want the organization to be.

http://www.profitadvisors.com/win-win.shtml

I dont have a dog in this fight, but I will suggest that you guys ask for this type of input by being so negative.

If you would just post only the stuff that is great about brown, these guys would get board and leave.

G

gyfhyn

I do think he does spend a lot of time bashing. I think it comes from having other work experience in his life to develop a comparison. I think he has the experience to know when a company has great strengths as well as great weaknesses.

I think UPS is a 50/50 company. 50% of its business ethic and practice is top-notch. The other 50% is abysmal. I think this guy is suggesting that in the non-union and technology areas, it is the later. Maybe I got the guy wrong, but it is how he is coming off.

As to the second part of your email, I get your point, but remember that Walmart provides benefits and experience to its employees, and so does Mickey D's.

F

fy92tc

I guess you missed a few of my posts because I've answered that same question a few times already. I still own UPS stock and I like to see how TSG is and when the next round of cut backs will be. That is why I stick around.

My new company doesn't need a forum. Our CEO is a few doors down from me and everything is addressed man to man instead of anonymous posting on the web. The only certs UPS paid for were A+ and Net+ which are worth nothing in the real IT world. I earned the MSCE and Cisco Certs on my own, but thanks for asking.

Dude, please only post if you have something life-affirming or positive to add to the discussion.

Otherwise, I am issuing a citizen's ban. Others?