Happy St. Patrick's Day

moreluck

golden ticket member
An Irish Blessing

May your neighbors respect you, Your trouble neglect you, The angels protect you, And heaven accept you.

May the Irish hills caress you. May her lakes and rivers bless you. May the luck of the Irish enfold you. May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

Here’s to you and yours, And to mine and ours, And if mine and ours ever come Across you and yours, I hope you and yours will do As much for mine and ours, As mine and ours have done For you and yours.

Happy St. Patrick's Day Best Of Luck To You And Yours

moreluck

golden ticket member
May you have the hindsight to know where you've been
the foresight to know where you're going
and the insight to know when you're going too far.

moreluck

golden ticket member
May you always have work for your hands to do.
May your pockets hold always a coin or two.
May the sun shine bright on your windowpane.
May the rainbow be certain to follow each rain.
May the hand of a friend always be near you.
And may God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.

quebec_driver

May the sun always shine in your face
may the wind always blow in your back
may you be a half an hour in Heaven afore the devil knows you`re dead.

Interesting fact in Quebec 40% of the population are of Irish descent,
and we have the longest running St-Patrick`s day parade in the world

PS pass the beer

moreluck

golden ticket member
May you have warm words on a cold evening,
a full moon on a dark night,
and the road downhill all the way to your door. :)

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
An Irish Blessing

May your neighbors respect you, Your trouble neglect you, The angels protect you, And heaven accept you.

May the Irish hills caress you. May her lakes and rivers bless you. May the luck of the Irish enfold you. May the blessings of the Saints [-]Patrick[/-] behold you.

Here’s to you and yours, And to mine and ours, And if mine and ours ever come Across you and yours, I hope you and yours will do As much for mine and ours, As mine and ours have done For you and yours.

Happy St. Patrick's Day Best Of Luck To You And Yours

May you always have work for your hands to do.
May your pockets hold always a coin or two.
May the sun shine bright on your windowpane.
May the rainbow be certain to follow each rain.
May the hand of a friend always be near you.
And may God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.

Did I hear SAINTS?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Saint Patrick was a gentleman, who through strategy and stealth
Drove all the snakes from Ireland, here's a drink to his health!
But not too many drinks, lest we lose ourselves and then
Forget the good Saint Patrick, and see them snakes again!
~Author Unknown~

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I sat within a valley greenI sat me with my true loveMy sad heart strove to choose betweenThe old love and the new loveThe old for her, the new that madeMe think on Ireland dearlyWhile soft the wind blew down the glenAnd shook the golden barleyTwas hard the woeful words to frameTo break the ties that bound usBut harder still to bear the weightOf foreign chains around usAnd so I said, "The mountain glenI'll seek at morning earlyAnd join the brave United MenWhile soft winds shake the barley"While sad I kissed away her tearsMy fond arms 'round her flingingThe foeman's shot burst on our earsFrom out the wildwood ringingA bullet pierced my true love's sideIn life's young spring so earlyAnd on my breast in blood she diedWhile soft winds shook the barleyI bore her to some mountain streamAnd many's the summer blossomI placed with branches soft and greenAbout her gore-stained bosomI wept and kissed her clay-cold corpseThen rushed o'er vale and valleyMy vengeance on the foe to wreakWhile soft winds shook the barleyBut blood for blood without remorseI've taken at Oulart HollowAnd laid my true love's clay-cold corpseWhere I full soon may followAs 'round her grave I wander drearNoon, night and morning earlyWith breaking heart when e'er I hearThe wind that shakes the barley[SUP][[/SUP]

moreluck

golden ticket member
May green be the grass you walk on,
May blue be the skies above you,
May pure be the joys that surround you,
May true be the hearts that love you.<><><><><><><>

island1fox

Happy St Patricks day to all.

A fine day for some corned beef and cabbage with a cold guiness.

This is a list of some old Irish songs --I would think P/T Stewie would know them :

1. Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ra.
2. Black Velvet Band
3. 21 Years --by Dermott Hegerty.
4. Wild Rover
5. A Little piece of Heaven Fell
:wink2:

Last edited:

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Not so happy POP POP's little Irishman wound up in St Christopher's children's burn unit this am with 2nd deg. burns on his shoulder (grapped his daddys coffee from the Kuerig ) prognosis is good Dr forcast no scaring but it makes me cry posting this ,I love that little guy.Next year we will be at the parade wearing green and listening to the pipes and drums .