Happy Valentine's day ! Plans?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I already gave my wife flowers and I took her out to eat yesterday. She isn't crazy about roses, a big bouquet of fresh cut flowers suits her just fine. Tuesday is a work day and it will too late and crowded to do anything by the time I get home. I am lucky to have a wife like mine, we are both flexible about when its best to celebrate special occasions.

brown bomber

brown bomber
Me wishing I was Rod's wife the day they 'tested out' the driver's seat at 60 in his Package Car. :flirtysmile3:
OH MY..........I was never close enough to home......the only time I ventured close to home was when I had to bail out a driver during peak......finished early, drove home to await my assignment.......neighborhood kids climbed all-over my package, while I awaited my direction from command central........Took a batch of cookies back w/ me, to the center.........bottom line, I delivered 5 stops.......easiest 2 hrs., I experienced........working as directed

texan

422716_10151283420185722_735825721_23102802_654735092_n.jpg

texan

Valentine's Day is mentioned ruefully by Ophelia in Hamlet (1600–1601):
To-morrow is Saint Valentine's day,
All in the morning betime,
And I a maid at your window,
To be your Valentine.
Then up he rose, and donn'd his clothes,
And dupp'd the chamber-door;
Let in the maid, that out a maid
Never departed more.

—William Shakespeare, Hamlet, Act IV, Scene 5

texan

The modern cliché Valentine's Day poem can be found in the collection of English nursery rhymes Gammer Gurton's Garland (1784):

The rose is red, the violet's blue,
The honey's sweet, and so are you.

Thou art my love and I am thine;
I drew thee to my Valentine:
The lot was cast and then I drew,
And Fortune said it shou'd be you