Harassment Grievance?

I would like some advice on whether to pursue a grievance, or if I should just let this situation slide. I have been with UPS part time for 6 years, spent all 6 years on the sort aisle. For several years, a particular manager has seemed to have it out for me. He has publicly taunted me and tried to humiliate me in front of my peers on several occasions. I have always just ignored it because I typically do not like to rock the boat or bring unwanted attention to myself. Other employees have consistently pointed out that this manager has it out for me. This past December, he was taunting me while I was attempting to sort and I finally confronted him and asked him why he has been harassing me. We ended up in his office with my Union representation present and he stated he would from now on, keep it 100% professional with me. Since then, he has made no further comments to me. However, today I was informed that per him, I was to be moved to small sort, even though I have never been written up for a performance related issue, and I have more seniority than 90% of the rest of the sort aisle. I was given no reason for the move other than this is what he wanted. The move would not bother me because the workload is easier, but that section gets out later and it will interfere with my full time job. Is it worth pursuing or should I just suck it up and deal with the move?

Heffalump

You could just ask him yourself why the change? And if the change must be met then tell him you have to leave at a specific change. I've found that discussing issue's before filing is the best course..unless the supervisor is a bitter, crook.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I would like some advice on whether to pursue a grievance, or if I should just let this situation slide. I have been with UPS part time for 6 years, spent all 6 years on the sort aisle. For several years, a particular manager has seemed to have it out for me. He has publicly taunted me and tried to humiliate me in front of my peers on several occasions. I have always just ignored it because I typically do not like to rock the boat or bring unwanted attention to myself. Other employees have consistently pointed out that this manager has it out for me. This past December, he was taunting me while I was attempting to sort and I finally confronted him and asked him why he has been harassing me. We ended up in his office with my Union representation present and he stated he would from now on, keep it 100% professional with me. Since then, he has made no further comments to me. However, today I was informed that per him, I was to be moved to small sort, even though I have never been written up for a performance related issue, and I have more seniority than 90% of the rest of the sort aisle. I was given no reason for the move other than this is what he wanted. The move would not bother me because the workload is easier, but that section gets out later and it will interfere with my full time job. Is it worth pursuing or should I just suck it up and deal with the move?
you will do nothing

allahuakbar

She/Her
What’s up with part timers and their fascination with getting into altercations with management? I’ve never had a problem with anyone, managment or other employees.

542thruNthru

Have you talked to your steward about wanting to stay in the sort aisle and having more seniority then 90% of the sitters?

Same ol crap

What’s up with part timers and their fascination with getting into altercations with management? I’ve never had a problem with anyone, managment or other employees.
Because we work with them around us our whole shift, while you just see them for maybe 10-20 mins. Plus only a sheep would never have problems at UPS. I bet you love letting people stand up for you rights, while you make idiotic statements like this.

542thruNthru

Yes, I talked to him this morning about it. He just said to give it a day. Ive just been considering my next step, provided nothing changes in the morning.

He should inform you of your rights. Ask if your seniority gives you the right to stay in the sort aisle. Also I would ask for the locals number and talk to your BA about the issues.

Get ahead of this now before it gets out of hand is what I would do.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
He should inform you of your rights. Ask if your seniority gives you the right to stay in the sort aisle. Also I would ask for the locals number and talk to your BA about the issues.

Get ahead of this now before it gets out of hand is what I would do.
you got my back pay

542thruNthru

you got my back pay

I got it right here. Come and get it.
1a9.gif

SameRightsForAll

You say "part-timers" like they are a low-life or lesser form of employee. Do you actually think the "full-time EMPLOYEES" don't constantly get in altercations with management? In fact, there is much more of this going on between drivers and supervisors than there is with any other worker.

Repeat after me: PART TIME EMPLOYEES are to be treated with dignity and respect at all times.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You say "part-timers" like they are a low-life or lesser form of employee. Do you actually think the "full-time EMPLOYEES" don't constantly get in altercations with management? In fact, there is much more of this going on between drivers and supervisors than there is with any other worker.

Repeat after me: PART TIME EMPLOYEES are to be treated with dignity and respect at all times.

Part timers are disposable

Get over yourself

F

Frankie's Friend

Don't come on here and start your junk with us.:alien:

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down

Start voting and then respect will be earned, part timers come and go like water through a faucet, do you deserve respect? Sure everyone does. The point is when over half the workforce is part time and we cant even break 50% voter turn out that says something to me about respect for your fellow teamsters.