Harrasment to come.....

705red

Browncafe Steward
The only person that cares about you is you. The other day I heard greivances for four different employees. All of which had not been at UPS for very long. I think the highest seniority was five years. All were good grievances. Anyhow long story short. We paid the steward a hour overtime and all four grievances were dropped.
Where exactly do you work? Just because the steward dropped the grievances does not mean that the grievant is done with this case. If It was me I would file labor board charges against UPS, you the steward and the local union for it! And from you just said sounds like I would win those charges! So keep making side deals with company buddyh stewards and it will eventually come back to you and that steward needs to be taken out back and reminded of what his job is!!!!

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Ol' socks really gets your blood boil'in doesn't he.I beginning to believe he makes up this stuff just to bait union people.I think my favorite saying applies in referance to him." I wouldn't soil me knuckles on the man"

Yagy, There are 4 people I would contact if you feel that you are being "Singled Out".
1. Your Steward
2. Your Division Manager
3. The District Labor Manager
4. The District Employee Relations Manager
These 4 people can be very powerful people within your district. Your Division Manager will not want to field questions from your Labor Manager, and especially the ERM.

The Labor Manager is always looking to reduce grievances and doesn't want work that should be handled by the Division Manager.

The ERM is an extremely powerful position, especially when there are potential workers rights violations. When you call the ERM, the MUST investigate

Good Luck

yagy

First I would like to thank everyone for your help! I went in to work today and nothing......I wasn't harassed for anything and The head of safety and CERC said that she wouldn't allow me to be taken off. My primary was looked at for missorts by nothing brought back on me. Tomorrow night may be a different story but Ill keep you guys informed and thanks again!!! You guys have been more help to me then my stewart. :peaceful:

UPSSOCKS

LOL ... funny even if it is true.

Not only is it true but exciting to follow. They actually bet on it. So last person working gets the kitty. So they have to find a location in the building where there is enough work to scan but no one recognize you.

UPSSOCKS

Where exactly do you work? Just because the steward dropped the grievances does not mean that the grievant is done with this case. If It was me I would file labor board charges against UPS, you the steward and the local union for it! And from you just said sounds like I would win those charges! So keep making side deals with company buddyh stewards and it will eventually come back to you and that steward needs to be taken out back and reminded of what his job is!!!!

What exactly would you do with the steward out back? I thought he already did enough of that to get his votes to become a steward. Anyhow it's your brotherhood, I'm glad you all are so close......

D

Dis-organized Labor

Not only is it true but exciting to follow. They actually bet on it. So last person working gets the kitty. So they have to find a location in the building where there is enough work to scan but no one recognize you.

Too bad the relationship wasn't better.
I can see the value of management actually doing the work of the people they manage. By doing it routinely, they can see first hand what has to happen when things go haywire and they may actually realize that creating more stress and tension is only making the situation worse.
Betting on it is extremely bad judgement.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
LOL ... funny even if it is true.

Funny? I don't see how instructing underlings to be dishonest to give the impression your socks are clean can be funny. It reminds me of Bernie Madoff. Look how well that worked out. Karma gonna git ya even if you hide from the union members.

helenofcalifornia

Keep a running diary of what is happening to you at work. Document conversations with management and who is your witnesses. Don't be lulled into thinking this is over just because nothing is coming your way now. Watch for the salts and ask other workers to keep an eye on you when management is around you. Doesn't hurt to be cautious. Good luck.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Funny? I don't see how instructing underlings to be dishonest to give the impression your socks are clean can be funny. It reminds me of Bernie Madoff. Look how well that worked out. Karma gonna git ya even if you hide from the union members.

I guess it depends on one's perspective.
I don't see the humor in all the management bashing that union members do but many think that is amusing.
Funny is in the eye of the beholder.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I guess it depends on one's perspective.
I don't see the humor in all the management bashing that union members do but many think that is amusing.
Funny is in the eye of the beholder.

I have to agree with you in spirit in that yes, so far as finding humor in bashing, it does go both ways. The funny I was referring to was the admission of an integrity lapse on the part of socks. I consider each member, or for that matter UPSers in general (mgmt included) to have some integrity unless they prove otherwise. I believe that anyone whe decides to go the low road does so at great risk to us all. Lack of integrity is a slippery slope and training with it as a tool is foolhardy for anyone. It's like cancer, and it does not stop where you draw an imaginary line. How can we justify dishonest behavior with each other, or find humor in it, and expect the people we train that way to have integrity with the customers and the rest of their responsibilities. That's what I question with regard to thinking any of that story is funny.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
where exactly do you work? Just because the steward dropped the grievances does not mean that the grievant is done with this case. If it was me i would file labor board charges against ups, you the steward and the local union for it! And from you just said sounds like i would win those charges! So keep making side deals with company buddyh stewards and it will eventually come back to you and that steward needs to be taken out back and reminded of what his job is!!!!

stop feeding the troll!!!

raceanoncr

ISome of my part time sups started something called "brown up day". They dress like hourlys and do as much work as they can before someone notices who they are. When done, they wait for Halloween and go out trick or treating and steal all the little kids candy. When they get done stealing all the little kids candy, they go out and TP all the neighbors houses. When they get done TPing all the neighbors houses, they soap the windows of all the cars lining the streets and driveways.

Gee, I wish I was a supe and could have as much fun as they do!!!!