Harry and David?

djkre8r

We ordered some H&D for my mom this Christmas. We tracked it and it was shipped through Fed-Ex. THEN... it was delivered by the USPS. Sound familiar to you guys? Wonder how many routes our center would have to add if we didn't drop off to the post office? By the way - does anyone know the REAL reason why we drop off packages to USPS?

nocturnalbuck

i deliver to a couple small town post offices. they've been getting between 6-12 pkgs a day. today the spee-dee guy must've got there just before me cause they had about 10 sitting on the counter. the other post office said fed-ex had several more than me for that day. my point is we are not the only ones dropping at the post office

worldwide

fraud-ex smart post.

Interesting. A UPS account getting hurt in the economy calls up their rep and says we need better rates or we are leaving and going to Fedex Smart Post since they are offering better rates for all our shipments. It appears the only service to respond to this is UPS Basic but from messages I have seen posted on this site and Teamster.net, the Teamsters don't want/allowt any packagaes over 10 pounds in the Basic system. A good chunck of the packages shipped from Harry & David are over 10 lbs. Guess who gets all the business due to this restriction? Non-union Fedex gets the business and the Teamsters lose packages previously picked up, sorted and delivered by Teamsters. No doubt that price played a part in this, but if the Teamsters don't allow heavier weight packages in the Basic system in a case where UPS will lose the business, how is that decision good for the Teamsters and UPS? Only the competition wins in this case.