Has anyone ever had to defend yourself on route??

Fishbulb

only had two close calls while on route & both ended without confrontation thankfully. 1st time i was parked in front of a strip mall sort of near the mailbox, wasnt blocking the mailbox but was close enough to it that people couldnt drive up & just drop their mail in the slot, was nowhere else to park. Some fat lazy redneck guy got out & started screaming at me because he had to walk 5 feet to put his mail in the box, yelling that UPS drivers think we own the road & if I parked there again he'd do more to me than just yell at me. I walked away & waved with a sh** eaten grin. Second time I was in a "not so nice" neighborhood & i had just gotten back into the truck when some 16 year old or so punk kid jumped onto the drivers side door & asked me about 7 times(literally) if i had a package for him, getting more confrontational each time he asked. I just kept laughing at him & saying "No man, i dont but please get off the truck I'm real busy today". Then he asked me to give him a lift up the street to the liquor store. Finally I said to him "Get the friend* off the truck or you're gonna have a package shoved down your throat" & I started slowly rolling away & he eventually got the message. I prolly should've kept my cool a little better but when you're having a bad day that kinda crap is the last thing you need. Its like those a-holes who ask you "Hot enough for ya out there?" when its about 95 degrees with 85% humidity.

bellesotico

BOXstar
Thankfully no. The worst confrontation I've suffered while driving Saturdays came from a little kid wearing a pull-up. He was standing behind a chain link fence throwing pebbles at my truck (they would fall about a foot short of the truck because he wasn't strong enough to throw them that far) yelling "get out of here! you suck!"

His dad..at least thats who I'm assuming it was...sat on the porch laughing.

Nice.

drewed

Shankman
Not a driver, never had to defend myself.....but Ive had several occasions when Ive been out with a UPS cap or jacket and people get confrontational about their damaged/late package or what not

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Hopped out of the truck on a dirt road on an RD route one day, left the package on the porch, and on the way back I noticed a copperhead all coiled up next to the door.

outamyway

Hopped out of the truck on a dirt road on an RD route one day, left the package on the porch, and on the way back I noticed a copperhead all coiled up next to the door. I ran back to the house screaming like a little girl. I called animal control and waited 30 minutes before they arrived and It was safe to go outside. I was crying most of the time, but the old lady who lived there was very kind and let me have milk and cookies.

If you don't finish the story, I will:happy-very:

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
If you don't finish the story, I will:happy-very:

Dip***t:happy-very:

Actually, I walked around the truck, got in the driver's side, backed up about 10 feet (without tapping the horn) and ran the bastage over. Copperheads are the only snake I will gladly kill.