Has anyone worked as a Bagger in Sort and lost weight doing the job? [On Topic]

Overpaid Union Thug

I did lose a little weight in smalls once I started bagging. I worked on the heaviest belt and it was nonstop. I'd fill them up, tag them, lift and turn, then toss onto the belt to go downstairs. The bags were so heavy the loaders on the PDs would complain and their sups would call ours on the radios to tell them we needed to bag lighter. LOL! Whenever I see anyone saying that smalls isn't any kind of workout I just think back to those loaders complaining and laugh.

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
No. Even in a NextGen Small Sort that has someone bagging at 600-700 pieces per hour, nearly every former loader I've seen go to small sort has gained 15-20 lbs in a year or two.

If you want to be in shape, join a gym. If you're sweating in small sort, you're :censored2:ing doing it wrong.
I see my friends that went from package car to feeders.They are all pretty fat these days.

One thing about package car is being able to eat pretty much whatever you want to and stay slim. But if you eat a healthy diet and add some a cardio workout to your daily life,you will become pretty dang healthy and your doctor will like the results.

Last time I went to my oncologist,for my 10 year checkup,he was amazed at my overall health. When I finished my cancer treatments in 2003 I smoked cigarettes and,at the time,was about 130 pounds and 6'1" tall.Way to skinny. These days I weight about 165,don't smoke(since 2007) watch what I eat.