Have heard in Upstate Ny. UPS is already doing 10/4 areas

over9five

Staff member
I highly doubt they could force you in on your day off, but I bet they'd be asking you a lot. Time and a half all day would be a great incentive to do it.

4 10's is yet another give back (sellout) on the Upstate supplement. If this goes through, the working days are ANY 4 out of 7, not consecutive, and why would you ever want to give up 8 hours overtime for this? Kearney and the clowns need to go!

What'dyabringmetoday???

4 10's is yet another give back (sellout) on the Upstate supplement. If this goes through, the working days are ANY 4 out of 7, not consecutive, and why would you ever want to give up 8 hours overtime for this? Kearney and the clowns need to go!
Psst- let them think you DON'T want overtime. See how this works out. Lol?

brown_trousers

Its not a concession! There are many people here who would gain a MUCH better quality of life by having 3 day weekends. Not every person at UPS wants the same thing. Let people who would rather work 4x10 have a job that benefits them. The only concession would be not giving them a choice!

What'dyabringmetoday???

Its not a concession! There are many people here who would gain a MUCH better quality of life by having 3 day weekends. Not every person at UPS wants the same thing. Let people who would rather work 4x10 have a job that benefits them. The only concession would be not giving them a choice!
Pretty sure night_train's point was about the ANY four out of seven part of language. You sure need to be careful what you post around here or the natives may pounce on you. Lol?

3 day weekends? LOL! The 4 10s is not going to be a schedule that befits you, it will be determined by the company which 4 out of 7 days you will be working. When you get scheduled on Saturday, just remember that you don't get overtime until after 10 paid hours on the 4 10s schedule. Your long weekends may only consist of 1 day ... lol

This be spelled out on the bid sheet.
The way 4 10s work in the few places that were suckered in to voting for it do not go by a bid schedule. The days off get rotated by the whim of dispatch, with start time changes provided by DOT hours of service and the lol "contract." start time change allowance. Although I am not in your local, you could educate hammond on the contract, as he needs it. Notice in your tentative supplemental agreement that it states this, and all of the other sellouts(like no seniority bidding at bid time.) If you want a list, I will do it. And, I am ashamed that Kearney, Hammond and Hogan sold us out.