Health Insurance Question

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by jay0695, Nov 10, 2018.

1. jay0695

jay0695 New Member

Hi so next week I'll reach my year and I wanted to know will I get insurance cards in the mail?do I have to sign up or is it an automatic thing? I sorry if this question sounds stupid but my hub is only about a year old too and when I ask the supervisor she pretty much tells me how should I know

2. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

You really should know this...

3. WTFm8

WTFm8 Active Member

I got my cards 5 weeks before my year. 3 weeks before I got a bunch of forms to fill out and a paper that said not to use cards prior to what any supplement says for when benefits start

4. Poop Head

Poop Head rubber bands on the handle

You've been there almost a year, and still don't have health insurance?? Do you missload alot?

5. Brisket

Brisket Well-Known Member

I would say watch your mail for a big packet of info.

6. jay0695

jay0695 New Member

Is there a number I can call? The only thing I got in the mail was a packet about insurance and life insurance. There are a few others a week behind my hire date that are in the same boat.

7. Brisket

Brisket Well-Known Member

Depends on if you are in a Teamcare area or not. It may help to say what area of the country you are in so you may get a more definitive answer ( other than asking stewie).

8. jay0695

jay0695 New Member

Tennessee

9. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

cebina.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. BuckyBadger

BuckyBadger Member

A friend of mine in preload has yet to to get anything for insurance, despite being here a year and 4 months. We are in 710.

He doesn't need the insurance, so he hasn't said anything. But be aware that happens, apparently. I had to work a year plus 2 months since I came in as a seasonal.

11. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

Get with Stewart

12. LeftRS1

LeftRS1 One of those Millennials Drivers

Lavergne?

13. Retiree

Retiree Active Member

Sounds like you were a seasonal hire. Did you get cut after peak and rehired? If so, that is your new hire date.

14. jay0695

jay0695 New Member

No I stayed on. I had to do my yearly training a few weeks back and I asked when my hire date was and it was 11/15