Heat Protections for UPS Employees in Washington State only. (On topic only please)

Integrity

Binge Poster
No matter the state, heat awareness Is the responsibility of the employee. Communicate with management before, during and after work. Use your cool solutions training at your discretion. Use common sense. Take lunch at the proper time. When in doubt, take a break and get some drinks/rest. Don’t hesitate when It comes to communication and hydration.
I agree with this.

Employee definitely have all of the above responsibilities no doubt. Paying for and provided suitable drinking water is not one of the employees responsibilities however. That is all UPS.

If you would like to talk about employee’s responsibilities regarding the prevention plan heat related illnesses/ injuries while working for UPS I think you have a perspective that would lend itself to a discussion thread on that topic.

I am more interested, first and foremost, in seeing that UPS fulfills their responsibilities with regard to heat related illnesses/injuries.
That has been and is my primary focus.

Good post.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I'm not sure what your deal is, but your obsession with OSHA, Cool Solutions™ , and your general vitriol towards other users here leads me to believe you are either a management plant or dumb enough to buy the government/insurance mandated company line. Either way, you aren't a good faith actor and it isn't worth engaging with you
?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
@Integrity you have made ten separate threads directly about heat issues and water.

There’s a fine line between being thorough and spamming. And you crossed it about five threads ago.

Integrity

Binge Poster
@Integrity you have made ten separate threads directly about heat issues and water.

There’s a fine line between being thorough and spamming. And you crossed it about five threads ago.
I have tried to keep only one discussion open at a time, others were more informative so that many at UPS who remain ignorant to their rights and the seriousness that this issue can be somewhat informed.

I don’t see others, particularly most of those who have a particular dislike of me, starting any discussions.

We all come here for different reasons but are you suggesting that I am violating the BC TOS by my interest in discussing this issue from the many facets the issue can involve.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I have tried to keep only one discussion open at a time, others were more informative so that many at UPS who remain ignorant to their rights and the seriousness that this issue can be somewhat informed.

I don’t see others, particularly most of those who have a particular dislike of me, starting any discussions.

We all come here for different reasons but are you suggesting that I am violating the BC TOS by my interest in discussing this issue from the many facets the issue can involve.
Spammer
1660524054250.png

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

I am suggesting that you are spamming the UPS discussions board.

You are basically repeating yourself in each thread.

Why on earth do you need it to take more than one thread? Keep bumping one thread, and reminding everyone if it is that important to you. But I don’t see the need to clog up the rest of the discussions board with abandoned threads on the same topic.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I am suggesting that you are spamming the UPS discussions board.
I disagree.
You are basically repeating yourself in each thread.
I am trying to keep a flow of discussion and when one is getting off track by certain individuals, I try to redirect the discussion by changing it up a bit.

Everyone is welcome to use the ignore feature or not enter one of the discussions, no?
Why on earth do you need it to take more than one thread?
It really just worked out that way. I would really blame some of the more difficult members who must not like serious discussions and frequently have tried to disrupt them. At times, In very insulting ways I might add.
Keep bumping one thread, and reminding everyone if it is that important to you.
I felt it was the way to handle the chronic disruptions and derailment attempts. Sorry.
But I don’t see the need to clog up the rest of the discussions board with abandoned threads on the same topic.
I don’t see how this clogs anything up. There are many many threads on the BC . I don’t see how a few more causes much of a problem.

Trucker Clock

You're the one ignorant of your rights. Yet you keep pushing and pushing and pushing when you really don't have a clue.

You were shown, by OSHA themselves, that they have no jurisdiction over Commercial Motor Vehicle drivers. The DOT does. Yet, you keep on telling people, wrongly, that UPS has to supply them water. And you go on, and on, and on.

We don't need to start any threads. You started the first thread. It was shown that all buildings have water fountains, satisfying the employers responsibility to provide free drinking water. Bottled water is a luxury not required by OSHA.

You were shown, by OSHA themselves, although you don't believe OSHA, that they have no jurisdiction over employees covered by another federal agency.

I proved you wrong in your first thread. You asked to have it locked and started another thread. I again proved you wrong in that thread. You then started another, and another, and another....

Your bitching and moaning was not about inside employees. You seem to have agreed that water fountains satisfy OSHA's requirements, and that bottled water is a luxury not required by OSHA.

You rantings continued, in multiple different threads, about UPS having to provide free water to drivers.

They do. Take all the free drinking fountain water with you that you want. Although this is not an OSHA requirement, because they lack jurisdiction over Commercial Motor Vehicle drivers while on the road. While you're loading or unloading at a business, they have free water that you have access to.

Standards
Trucking industry is addressed in specific OSHA standards for recordkeeping and general industry. This section highlights OSHA standards and documents related to the trucking industry.

OSHA is preempted by Section 4(b)1 of the OSH Act from enforcing its regulations if a working condition is regulated by another Federal agency.

For example:

• While traveling on public highways, the Department of Transportation (DOT) has jurisdiction. However, while loading and unloading trucks, OSHA regulations govern the safety and health of the workers and the responsibilities of employers to ensure their safety at the warehouse, at the dock, at the rig, at the construction site, at the airport terminal and in all places truckers go to deliver and pick up loads.

Integrity

Binge Poster
You're the one ignorant of your rights. Yet you keep pushing and pushing and pushing when you really don't have a clue.

You were shown, by OSHA themselves, that they have no jurisdiction over Commercial Motor Vehicle drivers. The DOT does. Yet, you keep on telling people, wrongly, that UPS has to supply them water. And you go on, and on, and on.

We don't need to start any threads. You started the first thread. It was shown that all buildings have water fountains, satisfying the employers responsibility to provide free drinking water. Bottled water is a luxury not required by OSHA.

You were shown, by OSHA themselves, although you don't believe OSHA, that they have no jurisdiction over employees covered by another federal agency.

I proved you wrong in your first thread. You asked to have it locked and started another thread. I again proved you wrong in that thread. You then started another, and another, and another....

Your bitching and moaning was not about inside employees. You seem to have agreed that water fountains satisfy OSHA's requirements, and that bottled water is a luxury not required by OSHA.

You rantings continued, in multiple different threads, about UPS having to provide free water to drivers.

They do. Take all the free drinking fountain water with you that you want. Although this is not an OSHA requirement, because they lack jurisdiction over Commercial Motor Vehicle drivers while on the road. While you're loading or unloading at a business, they have free water that you have access to.

Standards
Trucking industry is addressed in specific OSHA standards for recordkeeping and general industry. This section highlights OSHA standards and documents related to the trucking industry.

OSHA is preempted by Section 4(b)1 of the OSH Act from enforcing its regulations if a working condition is regulated by another Federal agency.

For example:

• While traveling on public highways, the Department of Transportation (DOT) has jurisdiction. However, while loading and unloading trucks, OSHA regulations govern the safety and health of the workers and the responsibilities of employers to ensure their safety at the warehouse, at the dock, at the rig, at the construction site, at the airport terminal and in all places truckers go to deliver and pick up loads.
I have highlighted the part of your quote that I believe you are misinformed or you misinterpret.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Staff tell him he passed a fine line 5 threads ago but still don’t put a stop the this spam crap 😡
Please tell me how a discussion thread that can be either entered or not at the discretion of each member would even remotely be consider spam

My suggestion to all the BC is to enter discussion threads that interest you, and avoid those that don’t. Speaking from experience it is very simple and easy to do.

I also suggest if have a particular problem with a particular member then utilize the ignore feature on this site and truly ignore this member, don’t just utilize the feature and then read all the posts anyway.

TeltBender

Please tell me how a discussion thread that can be either entered or not at the discretion of each member would even remotely be consider spam

My suggestion to all the BC is to enter discussion threads that interest you, and avoid those that don’t. Speaking from experience it is very simple and easy to do.

I also suggest if have a particular problem with a particular member then utilize the ignore feature on this site and truly ignore this member, don’t just utilize the feature and then read all the posts anyway.
I can’t believe you really would argue with mods about the rules on their forum.

PACNW

There are two very distinct climates in Washington. West of the Cascade mountain range we are in the 70's most of the summer, but the last couple of years we have reached triple digits a handful of days and seem to see temps in the 90's more often as of late.

East of the mountains it's much hotter. I was over there a couple of weeks ago and it was 105. Much of the summer they are over 90.

My management group are a combative bunch of jerks about most stuff, but since the state put out these new guidelines, they have followed them. Any time the temps start to rise, they remind us that we get extra rest periods, we have endless cases of water and reusable insulated water jugs. Can't speak for other areas.

Since our temperatures are mostly mild, those hot days kick our asses in W. Washington. Had a 100+ degree day last year where I drank a gallon and a half of water, jumped in a lake a few times on route too cool off and was still pissing brown at the end of the day.

For me, the fans in the new cars we have been getting are a game changer. It's not A/C, but it makes a massive difference to me.