Hello Browncafe- Thank you.

Deemster

Hello, I work part time on twilight outbound (load) in the Central States. I gained my senority in the summer of 2011.

Starting last August I proceeded to sign every bid sheet related to driving a PC. Finally at the end of January HR pulled my name to drive full time PC!!

Needless to say, I am pretty excited. There's a lot of drivers retiring in the coming years, in my hub anyways.
I was hearing of people coming on full time at their one year mark this most recent peak.

Okay, this is turning into a long post. Originally I was scheduled to go to driver classes last week of jan.
Well the week of my road test (pre-classes), we lost some volume. Something to do with amazon using a new facility?

I cut my hair(un cut since I started at ups in 2011) and shaved my face smooth. Only to be told I'm back to the same Ole same Ole for the next couple of months.

Loading an average of 312,000 packages anually.

Sad panda, but I stand strong and will wait my turn.

Thanks for reading and thank you Browncafe, for running a system of brown anonymousity.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Just make sure you are keeping up with it, and signing everything. I have seen it time and time again, they will just pass over people for no reason other than HR is full of incompetent people.

Deemster

Just make sure you are keeping up with it, and signing everything. I have seen it time and time again, they will just pass over people for no reason other than HR is full of incompetent people.
Thanks for commenting man. On that point, I think I got lucky. My HR guy had told me I need not to sign the list, as I have already been pulled.

I asked him about signing the list again because they posted a new one as soon as I got pushed back. He told me don't worry about it.

Additionally, I received my driving uniform yesterday. My Dot physical is done and my dot cert in my wallet. HR also told me road test is going to be in the next couple of weeks.
I have a opportunity set up with some full time management to take a Crack at the old p-600 (I think) on a open piece of company property.

I'm about as ready as it gets. I hope

oldngray

nowhere special
Not many 600's left so if you drive one it is guaranteed to be a worn out POS. Still, it is a good vehicle to test you on since everything else is easier to drive although usually larger. I think they quit making those over 30 years ago.

Deemster

We have a few here yet. I've sat in one on the boxline. The gears seems really close together. We are getting a lot of new low step van type PC now. Big box vans, automatic gas and\or diesel.
My one peak as driver helper, 30 yr senority driver driving a p-800. Just had knee replacements

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Thanks for commenting man. On that point, I think I got lucky. My HR guy had told me I need not to sign the list, as I have already been pulled.

I asked him about signing the list again because they posted a new one as soon as I got pushed back. He told me don't worry about it.

Additionally, I received my driving uniform yesterday. My Dot physical is done and my dot cert in my wallet. HR also told me road test is going to be in the next couple of weeks.
I have a opportunity set up with some full time management to take a Crack at the old p-600 (I think) on a open piece of company property.

I'm about as ready as it gets. I hope
I would sign it anyways to be safe. Never trust the word of anyone at UPS. I would also be writing down a rough draft of your convo you have with these people to a log. So in case you have to file a grievance you can go back with some sort of proof to win a case. I know it might sound extreme but that is a life changing job that shouldn't be taken lightly.

PT Car Washer

We have a few here yet. I've sat in one on the boxline. The gears seems really close together. We are getting a lot of new low step van type PC now. Big box vans, automatic gas and\or diesel.
My one peak as driver helper, 30 yr senority driver driving a p-800. Just had knee replacements
I wonder if you are talking about the old 700's that are diesels and 5 speeds with power steering. They all start with a 6XXXXX number. We still have a few left for air cars but they are going fast. Just saw are last non power steering 800 being scrapped. Nothing better during a snow storm.

Rainman

Its all good.
I wonder if you are talking about the old 700's that are diesels and 5 speeds with power steering. They all start with a 6XXXXX number. We still have a few left for air cars but they are going fast. Just saw are last non power steering 800 being scrapped. Nothing better during a snow storm.
Still have at least 30 around, most are part of the mothball fleet.