Hello, im a n00b

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Hey everybody, i found this page while looking for upsrecognition.com and was pleasantly surprised when i did. Im a 28 year old driver from SC with 9 years service. Just thumbing through some of the treads, i can tell this is gonna this is gonna become and after-work hang out for me, and to think i try to leave that crap behind when "Master"" lets me go home for a few hours. I look forward to talking/learning from/pissing and moaning with you all soon!

DS

Fenderbender
Hello Harry,welcome to the cafe`.Its a great place to vent,and also to learn .Glad to have you aboard.

helenofcalifornia

Don't let the arguments get to you too much. There are plenty of LOUD talkers. Don't take it personal. And management monitors this site so don't get too personal with specific information unless you want to be "outed."

helenofcalifornia

And, it's a great place to find out things run in other parts of the nation with UPS. I heard about the push to have drivers work 9.5 hours or less each day on this site, which was about six months before it came to our center.

over9five

Staff member
The smartest thing would be to leave BrownCafe now, and never come back.

You will be amazed how addicting this place is!

Welcome!

tunemixer

Hello, My advice to you is don't listen to many of these people. We all have a choice of staying at UPS. They ones that stay and bitch the whole time they work they will only hurt themselves in the long run.Many of these people have never done anything other then work a coupld of minor jobs and then started as parttimers before getting a fulltime posisition. I have been a driver for over 23 years. I have been around the block. I have worked several jobs in my life. I have been through a plant shutdown and twice been laid off . UPS demands alot from us but we do pretty well in return. Then benefits have been great through the years. My wife and son were on medication and it would have cost me a small furtune to buy them.Try switching jobs with the people you deliver or pickup from for a month or two. Many of those people don't get benefits and probably are been making less then you started at and worked at the same place five years or more.Not to menetion a pension. I may aprreciate my job more then most. Sorry if I sound like I am standing on a soap box but I am proud to say I am a UPSer. When I tell people I work there they look at me with almost an awe. They seem to respect me a little bit more. People you have a choice. If you don't like how you are treated at UPS . QUIT. Just stop bitching and telling everybody how bad it is.
Welcome Noob. I might be one of the very few that will give you GOOD advise about UPS. If I had it to d all over again I would have tried to get in there sooner. I was 35 when i started. I am 59 now am and 10 1/2 months from retiring with about 3500. a month. Hmmm. Wonder how much Mark,Ken or Larry will get when they retire from their place of employment?
My adivis to you is . Do the best job you can do. Keep your nose and driving record clean. Keep yourself in good mental and physical shape. Don't bitch to everybody about your job.The more you bitch the worse it is on you. You are the one that will suffer. Good luck my friend.

satellitedriver

Welcome,
Or, as Dante wrote about what was engraved above the gates of Hell,
"Abandon all hope, Ye who enter."
It is addictive and theraputic(sp?).
Don't be afraid to jump in as long as you are not afraid of being jumped on.
Fresh opinions are instructive to us all.
PAX

solitarysiren

Happiness in Slavery...
Hey everybody, i found this page while looking for upsrecognition.com and was pleasantly surprised when i did. Im a 28 year old driver from SC with 9 years service. Just thumbing through some of the treads, i can tell this is gonna this is gonna become and after-work hang out for me, and to think i try to leave that crap behind when "Master"" lets me go home for a few hours. I look forward to talking/learning from/pissing and moaning with you all soon!

hey, look, i found your first post! aw, how cute! that was totally on accident, too.

ImpactedTSG

You were looking for upsrecognition.com and found browncafe.com. I can see how easily the two can be confused. Hopefully you don't apply the same intelligence to delivery as well. I was looking for 15 Maple St, but I left the package at 333 Main St. :lol:

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
You were looking for upsrecognition.com and found browncafe.com. I can see how easily the two can be confused. Hopefully you don't apply the same intelligence to delivery as well. I was looking for 15 Maple St, but I left the package at 333 Main St. :lol:

nah, i try to avoid DFU's i'd rather second or third att. thank google for the find....it;s almost as smart as EDD.....

dammor

tunemixer,

People look at you with almost awe when you tell them you work for UPS?
Sorry, I don't mean to sound rude, but that sounds like security guard mentality. Yes we work hard and most of us are good at what we do, but we are not rock stars or rocket scientists. Congrats on your retirement though. You obviously aren't in Central States. Many of us here have worked longer and just as hard as you and still have years to go before we get there.
Perhaps if you were in our position you would not be so in awe of yourself and the job.

tunemixer

Hello Dammor,Is that the best you can do? Pick on my choice of words? Wow!!! Maybe you should take my advise and quit. If you hate it so much get out.Is there a ball and chain on your leg? Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. You made your bed . Now sleep in it. It really kills me to read so much trash you guys write.I'll bet you would bitch and moan if you were making $40.00 and hour. As I said many of you have never done anything else. Try working for less than half of what you are making now. As for retirement. Yes I feel bad for the peppole who may lose out on a pension. But how about the airlines industry or car maunfactors. What do they have now? If you are relying solely on your pension to live in retirement I pity you. you need to pretend that it is or never was there. You need to save for tomorrow . How many companies even offer pensions? Hmmm Seems to me the numbers are getting smaller and smaller all the time. Nothing is fo sure today. Better make the most of what you can with that overtime money while you can with that ****ty job. I wonder how much money you would save working for 10 bucks an hour and no overtime ? You want to have a pissing match you've come to the right place.I'll be here for you. :mad:

Last edited: