Hello

Kcthinker

UPS isn't a place you look for a career change to. It's a place you make a career change from. So skip a step and find something better, preferably that requires an in-demand and marketable talent or skill you can build.[/QUOTE
UPS isn't a place you look for a career change to. It's a place you make a career change from. So skip a step and find something better, preferably that requires an in-demand and marketable talent or skill you can build.
Thank you, I appreciate your advice.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Thank you, I appreciate your advice.
Take it from me, man. There's so much writing on the wall you can smell the paint. I had to get out before I became "stuck". Anyone who isn't lying would tell you they'd get the friend* out too if they had the option. Thirty years ago things might've been different, but UPS is not the place to be looking to start a career right now.

Kcthinker

Take it from me, man. There's so much writing on the wall you can smell the paint. I had to get out before I became "stuck". Anyone who isn't lying would tell you they'd get the friend* out too if they had the option. Thirty years ago things might've been different, but UPS is not the place to be looking to start a career right now.

Four weeks ago, I had a confusing interview. We made an appointment to meet. When I got there and was introduced to the lady who called me. She said did not remember setting up an interview with me and that they hired all the full time people. They are in transition to set up the seasonal staffing process. I was informed that I would need to be clean shaving, know how to drive a standard transmission, lift 35 lbs, and have a 5 year clean driving record. Total time spent was less than ten minutes.

I figured there was not much interest in me.

Yesterday, UPS called me and informed me there was a new search for some full time drivers and wanted to know, if selected could I start September 5th. If I was lucky my current employer would release me from giving a true two weeks notice.

I showed up today, the lady who called me and who screened me out 4 weeks ago, acted like she had know clue who I was. She says, "You look familiar. Have you been here before?" I gave her a brief history about my first visit. She said she remembers, but the she went into the job specs of being able to drive a stick shift, be clean shaving, have a clean driving record, and to be able to life 70 to 140 with the aid of a dolly.

Again, the interview was less than 15 minutes.

Is being forgetful and doubling up on the weight lifting requirements a nice way of saying go away?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Four weeks ago, I had a confusing interview. We made an appointment to meet. When I got there and was introduced to the lady who called me. She said did not remember setting up an interview with me and that they hired all the full time people. They are in transition to set up the seasonal staffing process. I was informed that I would need to be clean shaving, know how to drive a standard transmission, lift 35 lbs, and have a 5 year clean driving record. Total time spent was less than ten minutes.

Yesterday, UPS called me and informed me there was a new search for some full time drivers and wanted to know, if selected could I start September 5th. If I was lucky my current employer would release me from giving a true two weeks notice.

I showed up today, the lady who called me and who screened me out 4 weeks ago, acted like she had know clue who I was. She says, "You look familiar. Have you been here before?" I gave her a brief history about my first visit. She said she remembers, but the she went into the job specs of being able to drive a stick shift, be clean shaving, have a clean driving record, and to be able to life 70 to 140 with the aid of a dolly.

Is being forgetful and doubling up on the weight lifting requirements a nice way of saying go away?

No, just a normal day at UPS

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

35 pounds? 70+ with ‘dolly’?

Good luck with that fiction.

I have an interview tomorrow, to be a package delivery driver. I have been asked if I knew to drive a stick. Which I said it was in 1990. I was asked if I have 5 year clean driving record. I said, yes.

I looking for a career change and want to be with an organization that has a mission.

What are some limits to know about when negotiating about compensation? Will I be able to have deliveries delivered to work?
You serious?