Help changing from unload to sorter

mikejonesjr

So I have seniority and would like to make the change but it sounds like I’m on my own with figuring out how to sort. So that means I don’t go through the sort school? I’m not sure I’ll be able to learn it myself just based off of the study sheet they gave me.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
I think there are some tests you can do online but there isn’t a “sorting school”. You learn the zip codes and what color belts they go on, on your own time. I preferred the mindless unloading personally. Especially now because didn’t they take away the $1 per hour raise that came with it?

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
I think there are some tests you can do online but there isn’t a “sorting school”. You learn the zip codes and what color belts they go on, on your own time. I preferred the mindless unloading personally. Especially now because didn’t they take away the $1 per hour raise that came with it?
You don't SPA the packages?

Nah
I unloaded the big semi trucks overnight. Throw in a headphone and throw around some boxes. What unloading are you doing that you must SPA the packages?

Preload unload vs. Hub unload.

On preload the packages have to be SPA'd so they can be loaded onto the correct car (in theory, not necessarily in practice).

In the hub, they don't need to be SPA'd because they're just going to be scanned and loaded into a different trailer.

JJinVA

So I have seniority and would like to make the change but it sounds like I’m on my own with figuring out how to sort. So that means I don’t go through the sort school? I’m not sure I’ll be able to learn it myself just based off of the study sheet they gave me.

Just put the packages on whatever belt you feel like. When management stops yelling at you, that means you finally got it right