[HELP] How to pace myself and properly load air containers?

Fergalicious

Obviously by the title, I'm still a n00b. Before I started my job here, I was often told that working at UPS would be hard work, but it was until I actually started working on the floor that I realized "hard work" was only an understatement.

Getting to the point, I load the air containers and I actually started the work on Monday. Although I understand the concept of building walls back to front, selecting the right cornerstone package and packaging left to right and keeping it flush, while it makes sense in my mind and starts out okay, I feel like the BIGGEST failure and idiot UPS has ever hired when I get mid-way. My finished result usually sucks and I have to cram stuff in.

I can't tell if I'm going too fast and wearing out quickly, I can't tell if I'm going far too slow while over thinking and trying to "properly" fit in every single package. I have a wonderful QT - but when I get by myself I feel like an idiot, then I panic and get super frustrated when the chutes start popping packages at me non-stop and gets backed up.

I am so super sore and in pain and although I get a proper amount of rest, for these first 4 days, I feel like I'm never getting my rest out.

HELP on how to succeed and make the job fit for me. I am not a quitter, it's hard work, but I want to succeed at this!!!

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Obviously by the title, I'm still a n00b. Before I started my job here, I was often told that working at UPS would be hard work, but it was until I actually started working on the floor that I realized "hard work" was only an understatement.

Getting to the point, I load the air containers and I actually started the work on Monday. Although I understand the concept of building walls back to front, selecting the right cornerstone package and packaging left to right and keeping it flush, while it makes sense in my mind and starts out okay, I feel like the BIGGEST failure and idiot UPS has ever hired when I get mid-way. My finished result usually sucks and I have to cram stuff in.

I can't tell if I'm going too fast and wearing out quickly, I can't tell if I'm going far too slow while over thinking and trying to "properly" fit in every single package. I have a wonderful QT - but when I get by myself I feel like an idiot, then I panic and get super frustrated when the chutes start popping packages at me non-stop and gets backed up.

I am so super sore and in pain and although I get a proper amount of rest, for these first 4 days, I feel like I'm never getting my rest out.

HELP on how to succeed and make the job fit for me. I am not a quitter, it's hard work, but I want to succeed at this!!!
Work at your own pace and when someone tells you to hurry up, just say okay and keep doing what you are doing. It's just brown boxes, they'll get there when they get there, nothing to stress about.