Help me quit smoking

P

pickup

Is this a Planet of the Apes reference? Cornelius, is that you?

No , it wasn't, but you know how it is "human see, human do" (line from the movie. When I see the smoking monkey, I want to smoke.

So take your stinking posts out of here, you stinking ape

By the way, no cigarettes smoked since friday yesterday night about 9:00 pm. east coast

small steps.

filthpig

I quit a year ago in June. I started dipping and then quit that too. I am still and addict to the "nth" degree. I have to have nicotine gum. Without it, I'd be smoking again. I hate the addiction, but I just don't want to smoke or use tobacco anymore. Good luck!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I wish I could do the nicotine gum. I can't. I get instant and painful heartburn. Within seconds of starting to chew it.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Zantac works well for heartburn, I find. But smoking does cut heartburn drastically.
I don't get heartburn from anything else. Just the nicotine gum. And when I say painful I mean not being able to breathe painful. I think I will pass on the Zantac.

UnloaderAM

I personally never smoked and do not like being around people that do because they literally "stink".

I do know many people who after many years of smoking quit cold turkey. They just lost the taste for it. My father who smoked Pall Malls for over 50 years quit in his 70's and his replacement for the cigarettes became doritos. He is now 83 and still eats doritos like they are going out of style.

A coworker of mine who quit over 10 years ago still carries around the last pack of cigarettes they had when they quit.

My Uncle did something similar. Had a heart attack and had to quit cold turkey while in the hospital. When he came out he started sucking on jolly ranchers. Always has a big bag with him and calls them his cigarettes. He smoked for thirty years and has quit for about two so far. I don't think its any easier for him but so far the jolly ranchers thing is working for him.

Good luck to all of you guys and gals trying to quit smoking.

UPSERNOJ

My Uncle did something similar. Had a heart attack and had to quit cold turkey while in the hospital. When he came out he started sucking on jolly ranchers. Always has a big bag with him and calls them his cigarettes. He smoked for thirty years and has quit for about two so far. I don't think its any easier for him but so far the jolly ranchers thing is working for him.

Good luck to all of you guys and gals trying to quit smoking.

Even though my father stopped smoking, the damage is already done. He now has emphysema. He is constantly with the pump and machine. He is in and out of the hospital frequently. My father was always the type to never stand still...always on the go. Now, any little task takes his breath away. So sad.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Even though my father stopped smoking, the damage is already done. He now has emphysema. He is constantly with the pump and machine. He is in and out of the hospital frequently. My father was always the type to never stand still...always on the go. Now, any little task takes his breath away. So sad.
Was this the reason that you never smoked, or was it something that you never even thought about?

upssup

I smoked for 25 years and finally got to the point that I did not want to do it anymore. I went on the Zyban pill for three months and have never looked back! It worked awesome. Never have touched one in 8 years.