HELP!!! NEED NEW BOOTS!!!!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
NH8djqGS8nOy.gif

MrFeeder

Negative. Shoes are a wear item.

I'll wear out as many as it takes
Or you can spend $250 for Danner Mountain carbon 600. They are light as a feather, waterproof, and durable. I’ve had mine 4 years and they’ve gone through some rough terrains and they’re still solid. On that note, Ive only spent $250 in four years while your running back and forth every month to buy your cheap sneakers. Buy them and thank me later.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Or you can spend $250 for Danner Mountain carbon 600. They are light as a feather, waterproof, and durable. I’ve had mine 4 years and they’ve gone through some rough terrains and they’re still solid. On that note, Ive only spent $250 in four years while your running back and forth every month to buy your cheap sneakers. Buy them and thank me later.
Negative ghost rider.

I don't believe you.

Kick it on back

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Youre in feeders. You walk maybe 100 ft a day.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
hahaha maybe 200 but in all seriousness, stop being cheap. I assume most here make over 100k and $250 is just couple hours of OT. Buy those shoes and give it a try.
I was just pulling your chain. I agree with what you say anout cheap shoes, I dont work in the snow so i dont wear boots to work. I break out some old Irish Setters maybe 3 times a year. Otherwise, i wear Nike Air Monarchs.

Mack37

I’ve always liked Thorogoods, especially the American made ones for boots. Now I’m walking all the damn time so it’s new balance work shoes for me.

Youre in feeders. You walk maybe 100 ft a day.

When I was in Feeders it was like a damn half mile walk from your car to dispatch to clock in. Nothing like breaking a sweat before you even start working.

MrFeeder

I’ve always liked Thorogoods, especially the American made ones for boots. Now I’m walking all the damn time so it’s new balance work shoes for me.

When I was in Feeders it was like a damn half mile walk from your car to dispatch to clock in. Nothing like breaking a sweat before you even start working.
I start moaning and groaning when dispatch say I have to walk over to the shop to get my tractor.

MassWineGuy

I think light weight, low cut hiking shoes are the way to go. They're designed for walking many miles comfortably. I recently bought a pair of Scarpa hiking shoes. Not cheap at $150. But extremely well constructed, excellent support and traction, and, so far, genuinely waterproof in heavy rain.

I've had a pair of Rockport boots for almost five years that are also very comfortable. I've glued a couple of minor stitching separations and the soles definitely show some wear. But they are still perfectly useable.

Rocky sounds good. Magnum boots are cheap junk that fall apart.

Overpaid Union Thug

I think light weight, low cut hiking shoes are the way to go. They're designed for walking many miles comfortably. I recently bought a pair of Scarpa hiking shoes. Not cheap at $150. But extremely well constructed, excellent support and traction, and, so far, genuinely waterproof in heavy rain.

I've had a pair of Rockport boots for almost five years that are also very comfortable. I've glued a couple of minor stitching separations and the soles definitely show some wear. But they are still perfectly useable.
Rocky sounds good. Magnum boots are cheap junk that fall apart.

I had given up on hiking shoes and boots but I already have a pair of Vasque boots that are still holding up well (I only wear in snow and extreme cold) so I figured I try their shoes. Very good so far.

upload_2020-5-10_10-31-38.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-5-10_10-31-38.jpeg
    upload_2020-5-10_10-31-38.jpeg
    138.7 KB · Views: 120

trickpony1

Would wearing the same pair every day be a fashion faux pas?

It has nothing to do with fashion.
It's how your feet interact with the footwear.

If you wear the same pair everyday then, eventually, you'll have broken down shoes that lead to broken down feet and ankles.

Ideally, you should have 3-4 pairs of shoes that you continually rotate through. This gives the shoes time to rest and your feet/ankles a new/different environment in which to operate.

You get what you pay for.