Help with apartments

UPSjedi41

Two different issues. First are the apartments that have the entry door locked and no buzzer. There is no way to deliver these. I was told to sheet them Not In but then I have to do it three times and its a waste of time. Is this right? What do you do?

Another set of apartments can be signed by the Leasing office. Is there a way to have them sign once for all 8-15 stops and get credit for all the different stops? Does he have to sign for them individually? I thought I read on here once there is a way to do it. Be specific, I am new to UPS and the DIAD.

Indecisi0n

A) Yes I get signatures for all packages. Does it take time? Yes but last I checked I was paid by the hour.

B)You can pre-record each stop (all 8-15) then return to the main screen. Hit the pre-record button again and you will see all the previous prerecorded stops listed. Push the left at rec next to each prerecord, when complete open the signature window and get them to sign. Assign the location left at and you just got credit for each stop with one signature. Cool right? Just remember abusing it can get you fired (mis-using it to bloat stop count).

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You can pre-record each stop (all 8-15) then return to the main screen. Hit the pre-record button again and you will see all the previous prerecorded stops listed. Push the left at rec next to each prerecord, when complete open the signature window and get them to sign. Assign the location left at and you just got credit for each stop with one signature. Cool right? Just remember abusing it can get you fired (mis-using it to bloat stop count).

If you are not physically making an attempt at each apartment but instead are delivering them to the leasing office you would designate each prerecorded stop as DUP RES and would only get credit for 1 stop.

fiddledee

if you make and record each attempt you get credit for it. Customer was promised and paid for three attempts don't short change him. Make sure you leave the delivery notice. Some rental offices stop taking the packages if the consignee does not come get them and they start piling up in the office. With that said I hated delivering apartments.

barnyard

KTM rider
A) sheet as NI1, leave a notice and take the package to your clerk, with the message that there is no way to ring the consignee. The clerk will call and have them pick up at your center. That is the way it works at my center.

Logb17

A) Yes I get signatures for all packages. Does it take time? Yes but last I checked I was paid by the hour.

Even at normal resi stops you get a sig?? This would not fly at my center and is a waste of time and money. UPS wouldn't make any money if everyone did this.

Marne Vet

Two different issues. First are the apartments that have the entry door locked and no buzzer. There is no way to deliver these. I was told to sheet them Not In but then I have to do it three times and its a waste of time. Is this right? What do you do?

Another set of apartments can be signed by the Leasing office. Is there a way to have them sign once for all 8-15 stops and get credit for all the different stops? Does he have to sign for them individually? I thought I read on here once there is a way to do it. Be specific, I am new to UPS and the DIAD.

A) See if you can talk to a building manager, and get an access code or key. I have codes, and a key for some of my Apartment buildings. If that doesn't work, and there's no way you can get in, just blow the horn every time you arrive, and maybe someone will hear it. That's all you can really do. Sheet as NI1, and leave a detailed Info Notice.

B) Pre-record them individually like mentioned above, and then get one signature from the Office. If a sup asks you about it, or tells you not to do it, then do as instructed and go to every Apt and get a signature for each stop. That extra 30 minutes you take there will do one of a few things, and if it's like what happened with me, they left me alone and let me continue to get credit for all the stops. I can take my time going to each if need be, but they would rather have me get to my next stop faster. My argument was that the person in the office isn't always there, and at times I've had to go to each Apt. If those Apartments are in as individual stops (check with your Dispatcher) then you're entitled to that credit until or unless directed otherwise. Two things to remember: KISS, and CYOA. Keep It Simple Stupid, and Cover Your Own Ass. :)

cino321

If you are not physically making an attempt at each apartment but instead are delivering them to the leasing office you would designate each prerecorded stop as DUP RES and would only get credit for 1 stop.

True, unless you're on a OJS, then they will tell you to use L/A because it bloats the stop count.

Ouch

[quoteit "Logb17, post: 1237143, member: 35443"]Even at normal resi stops you get a sig?? This would not fly at my center and is a waste of time and money. UPS wouldn't make any money if everyone did this.[/quote]
To me It would depend on del area. We have some routes if you dont get signatures at every stop you will be eaten alive with driver follow ups. Nature of the beast in some areas.

Future

Victory Ride
Go to the locked apartments each day(3 attempts)! Pound on the security door! If anyone answers see if they will sign for consignee, if not leave pkg at apt front door(it is a ok DR secured apt complex) If no one answers security door leave info notice stating "cannot enter building door is locked". I have had several people unlock the door the next day so i could gain entry, leave pkg inside, lock security door when leaving.

oldngray

nowhere special
[quoteit "Logb17, post: 1237143, member: 35443"]Even at normal resi stops you get a sig?? This would not fly at my center and is a waste of time and money. UPS wouldn't make any money if everyone did this.
To me It would depend on del area. We have some routes if you dont get signatures at every stop you will be eaten alive with driver follow ups. Nature of the beast in some areas.[/quote]

If you know the areas you know who you can safely DR and others you had better get a signature. I had one high crime area that bounced back and forth between no DR or allowed to DR. It is currently a DR area and still high claim so you need to be very careful about DR's. Otherwise it WILL be a flood of follow ups.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Even at normal resi stops you get a sig?? This would not fly at my center and is a waste of time and money. UPS wouldn't make any money if everyone did this.

Why wouldn't it fly? From the company's point of view, I understand why you'd just drop it and run, but obtaining a signature will reduce your amount of possible claims/follow ups.

There is one "shady" route that I run, and 80% of the route you're getting signatures, or you're getting claims. So, if I pull up to a house and I KNOW someone is home, or I make contact with them, you bet your butt I'm going to get a sig.

upschuck

I had never left a package outside of an apartment door without a signature, unless if was a letter and could slide under the door into the apartment.

UPSjedi41

Go to the locked apartments each day(3 attempts)! Pound on the security door! If anyone answers see if they will sign for consignee, if not leave pkg at apt front door(it is a ok DR secured apt complex) If no one answers security door leave info notice stating "cannot enter building door is locked". I have had several people unlock the door the next day so i could gain entry, leave pkg inside, lock security door when leaving.
The first complex is no DR everywhere, shady complex. The nice one, the management office wants you to drop off packages at their office. Complete opposites.