Help with apartments

upschuck

Assuming there are 8+ apartments inside that security door, none of those people would take the package? I guess if LP don't care I don't either, but seems a bit off to me.

gingerkat

I find it real funny that some of these apartment door buzzers are broken…and people get huffy when I have to leave a notice. Hey guys, you pay rent, how about you demand a working buzzer?

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
According to LP if there is a security door to gain entry it is a good DR.... There rules not ours!

We're asked to DR all packages in which we can reach the front door - this includes townhouse-type apartments facing the road. If the apartments are behind a central entry, were asked to buzz everybody to gain entry. If not, packages should be left at the office. Some complexes, and some buildings within complexes, are designated as no DR, of course.

I helped on a route surrounding a local university, and post Black Friday we had about 200 stops within a half-dozen or so apartment complexes, nearly all behind central doors. Lots of angry college students studying for their exams/sleeping after cramming angry we buzzed their door (to gain entry elsewhere), and lots of packages brought back because we couldn't gain entry & the office refuses them due to abuse by the FedEx Ground guy -- who's working here seasonally, and happened to be the dude I was helping. Nightmarish day, we ran like 6 hours over and management was threatening to cut me off as a helper for not hustling...

gingerkat

Once we are able to gain entry, we DR everything, unless sig required (I also absolute refuse to leave booze, even if driver says to). I find it funny that it's the luxury apartment buildings with security that will not let us leave anything at the door. If I was paying $3,200 mo. rent I was be pretty pissed off that I got an info notice!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Assuming there are 8+ apartments inside that security door, none of those people would take the package? I guess if LP don't care I don't either, but seems a bit off to me.

We have annual driver release certification training which states that it is safe to DR packages at apt complexes with secured/controlled entry.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Once we are able to gain entry, we DR everything, unless sig required (I also absolute refuse to leave booze, even if driver says to). I find it funny that it's the luxury apartment buildings with security that will not let us leave anything at the door. If I was paying $3,200 mo. rent I was be pretty pissed off that I got an info notice!

Your driver is telling you to DR booze?? Alcohol is supposed to be sent adult signature required and cannot be driver released.

texan

3200.00 a month? Where are you at? New York City?

I know you will not say, but whew!

gingerkat

Yup my driver keeps telling me to DR booze! I'm not worried about the stupid job, I just prefer to stay out of jail. It's a criminal offense if a minor picks up that booze. I already told him that if he wants to booze left, to do it himself!

$3,200 for a two bedroom… wow, right? It's a lot and I can't believe people pay it, but what can you expect from actors - lol! It's a lot, but I really marvel at the beautiful artwork, bathrooms and goodies all over the place. With that being said, this is still (insert ginger's neighborhood) my neighborhood and it isn't that great!

gingerkat

Yes. Mind you, we have two high schools, and four elementary schools within four blocks of where I live.

Question, does an electronic signature release work for booze?

upschuck

I don't care how much people make or where they live, everybody gets the same service in my book. I play no favorites.

gingerkat

I don't care how much people make or where they live, everybody gets the same service in my book. I play no favorites.
I get what you're saying. I just think it's amazing that these people pay a ton of money to live in "luxury" apartments and the building won't let us leave packages at their door or with them at concierge. Thats all I meant by that.

upschuck

I get what you're saying. I just think it's amazing that these people pay a ton of money to live in "luxury" apartments and the building won't let us leave packages at their door or with them at concierge. Thats all I meant by that.

According to some people here, I 'm sure they have a secured door, so it would be ok to dr away. lol

I think I'd be more po'ed at the doorman or concierge for not taking the packages.

gingerkat

According to some people here, I 'm sure they have a secured door, so it would be ok to dr away. lol

I think I'd be more po'ed at the doorman or concierge for not taking the packages.
Exactly. It really sucks when you have 30 packages and come back with 24 send agains!

My driver gets really mad at the concierge, but he has his rules to follow too. It just happens that our three luxury buildings are owned by the same company, so they have same rules.

gingerkat

A8's does not work with electronic sig.
I find that interesting… cuz he tells me that I HAVE to deliver booze if they have one on file. Again, I tell him no way and he can do it. I usually follow directions, but I'm not going to jail for him. If I was a teenager and saw wine and booze on a doorstep, I would so take it!