Helpers

Staydryitsraining

Pretty much falls under "work as directed".
Our center manager even brought this up this past week at PCM. Said we can't deny a helper. We can request a different helper but if your route calls for one, you must take one.

There will be a lot less resources put on than recent years because of the dropped volume. Less helpers and SSD's, so helpers will be focused on city routes and other dense areas. I remember before PVDs just about every route would get a helper even in the country. As a driver you would just be sitting there half the day waiting for your helper to walk off the stops.
Aaaaaaaaand you don't have to work as directed if you can tie in its not safe. Not using a helper, why? Don't feel safe and feel like I'm putting my families well being in jeopardy by working so close with someone. Damn fire this guy, his balls are too big and his brain isn't on the same frequency.. but I digress. Let me guess though in your multiverse of fake :censored2: that wouldn't actually happen, if you presented this argument your center manager in all his glory would have the power with no ba or labor involved to just say well if your not using a helper you have to go home? Next.

Thebrownblob

Aaaaaaaaand you don't have to work as directed if you can tie in its not safe. Not using a helper, why? Don't feel safe and feel like I'm putting my families well being in jeopardy by working so close with someone. Damn fire this guy, his balls are too big and his brain isn't on the same frequency.. but I digress. Let me guess though in your multiverse of fake :censored2: that wouldn't actually happen, if you presented this argument your center manager in all his glory would have the power with no ba or labor involved to just say well if your not using a helper you have to go home? Next.
1700875963668.gif

Brownwind

Helpers are good when it’s snowing or sleeting. I don’t get one this year.

One year my helper put my chains on quicker than I could. I’m not anywhere close to needing a helper.

PPH_over_9000

It's more like a domino effect of harassment.

They tell you you have to take a helper. You tell them no. They insist but so do you. They say well okay, but you have to make 9.5. You tell them it takes what it takes. They say whatever, you need to be done before 9.5.

You go over 9.5.

Repeat the process the next day. Go out with no helper.

Around 12pm your On-road walks up to you as you're returning from a delivery. "So I saw some good things and I saw some bad things..." he starts with.

You shake it off, continue with your day. At 2pm, a DIFFERENT on-road walks up to your package car as you return from a delivery. "So I saw some good things and I saw some bad things...." he starts with.

Less than an hour later, you're returning from a stop and you see no one other than your :censored2:ing DISPATCH SUPE walking up to you saying "So we're gonna start with the good and then go into the bad, okay?"

Brownwind

They tell you you have to take a helper. You tell them no. They insist but so do you. They say well okay, but you have to make 9.5. You tell them it takes what it takes. They say whatever, you need to be done before 9.5.

You go over 9.5.

Around 12pm your On-road walks up to you as you're returning from a delivery. "So I saw some good things and I saw some bad things..." he starts with.

You shake it off, continue with your day. At 2pm, a DIFFERENT on-road walks up to your package car as you return from a delivery. "So I saw some good things and I saw some bad things...." he starts with.

Less than an hour later, you're returning from a stop and you see no one other than your :censored2:ing DISPATCH SUPE walking up to you saying "So we're gonna start with the good and then go into the bad, okay?"
I’m 65 plus miles from the building. If the Sup wants to come visit me I hope they bring lunch.

JL 0513

You make it sound like China Virus is still a thing.

Nah

You go over 9.5.

Sounds like a couple of harassment grievances.

10:30 resi

You go over 9.5.

You should try not caring about what your supe says. It's way easier.

PPH_over_9000

Article 37?
It's just a battle that's not worth fighting. Just take the helper and die on another hill, a more important hill.

Hell, you'll make more money with a helper running off your stops than you ever will alone-- from my experience, at least. Might even get a helper that you like.

My problem is that I just don't like people in general.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
It's just a battle that's not worth fighting. Just take the helper and die on another hill, a more important hill.

Hell, you'll make more money with a helper running off your stops than you ever will alone-- from my experience, at least.
They got in the way, but they did the running. Gotta keep em moving.

PPH_over_9000

They got in the way, but they did the running. Gotta keep em moving.

Lol! I don't recall saying they got in the way, just that when I'm paired with them I get sick.

They don't get in the way. Once they're on-car they do literally everything but drive and package selection. The only struggle is finding packages quickly enough for them to stay focused. And also calling out every address and pointing to the driveway they need to walk up.

Don't do that and you're gonna have some follow-ups.

Brownwind

Hell, you'll make more money with a helper running off your stops than you ever will alone-- from my experience, at least. Might even get a helper that you like.

My problem is that I just don't like people in general.
I hated the stupid ones. Some of them were too lazy to tie their shoes. Imagine being mid twenties and having to resort to being a helper because you can’t hold a real job. Sad state of affairs out there