Helpers

PPH_over_9000

So this isn't that serious, I'm just venting a little bit.

I'm not exactly a paragon of health. I drink, I smoke, I eat gas station food regularly and probably don't exercise enough in my off-time.

What I don't do, however, is get sick. It just rarely happens, man, if i'm feeling under-the-weather it's normally because I'm either stressed, hungover or malnourished from a diet of junk food.

Last time I fell ill was with Covid. What, maybe two years ago now? Before that? I think I had the flu some time in my 20's.

Guess what I was forced to do prior to catching the covid? Ride with a helper.

Guess what they forced me to take this week? A helper.

And today, on :censored2:ing Thanksgiving, I feel exactly the same as when I hauled my sorry ass to patient first just to confirm that I had covid.

God bless this :censored2:ing company.

YourMissingCallTag

Go into the office on Friday, walk right up to your center manager and with several deep/heavy breaths thank him for your helper. The gift of Covid is the gift that keeps on giving!

PPH_over_9000

No one has to take a helper. Some one show me where it says you must and if you don't your fired? Grow a pair gas station :censored2: bag. Happy thanksgiving.

You're saying this to one of the chosen few being forced in for 6 days.

Brother, the contract doesn't matter in local 639. Company makes it up as they go along and the union sits back and says "We just don't get it, they had so much time to figure it out"

Faceplanted

Covid is over. You just have the flu.
Covid…. Aka coronavirus is the second most common “common cold” besides rhinovirus’s. Covid was not a thing that JUST appeared, and is now “over”

So by definition, covid 19 was literally the common cold

The common cold is not just “over”

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

I'm not exactly a paragon of health. I drink, I smoke, I eat gas station food regularly and probably don't exercise enough in my off-time.

What I don't do, however, is get sick. It just rarely happens, man, if i'm feeling under-the-weather it's normally because I'm either stressed, hungover or malnourished from a diet of junk food.

Last time I fell ill was with Covid. What, maybe two years ago now? Before that? I think I had the flu some time in my 20's.

And today, on :censored2:ing Thanksgiving, I feel exactly the same as when I hauled my sorry ass to patient first just to confirm that I had covid.

Truth be told, you really don't know where you pickup the kung flu.

Anyway, best thing to do is come in sick and give it to everyone in sight.

oldngray

nowhere special
It's over. I've spoken.
giphy.gif

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger

So you’re thankful for Covid? I could think of many more things to be thankful for.

JL 0513

No one has to take a helper. Some one show me where it says you must and if you don't your fired? Grow a pair gas station :censored2: bag. Happy thanksgiving.
Pretty much falls under "work as directed".
Our center manager even brought this up this past week at PCM. Said we can't deny a helper. We can request a different helper but if your route calls for one, you must take one.

There will be a lot less resources put on than recent years because of the dropped volume. Less helpers and SSD's, so helpers will be focused on city routes and other dense areas. I remember before PVDs just about every route would get a helper even in the country. As a driver you would just be sitting there half the day waiting for your helper to walk off the stops.

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
you guys gotta recruit the helper early in year

lazy drunk UPS guys don’t try to find anyone all year then complain when they get a bad helper

HELPERS ARE THE BEST
🧔‍♂️✊