Here`s a new article about the election !

trickpony1

This is probably a stupid question but I will ask it anyway.

When we cast our ballots, do they go to the IBT headquarters to be counted? Wouldn't it be better if the ballots were mailed to a third disinterested party to be counted? To do so might eliminate any charges of dishonesty and corruption.

I, for one, would like to think the election was conducted in an honest, above the table manner, instead of "the fox guarding the hen house" methods of the past.

mittam

yes it should be done by third party to have a fair count, but unfortunately it will be probably counted by teamster appointted trustees. This assures hoffa of re-election,even if he doesn't actually win the vote more than likely he will stay in office from the trustees count, don't you feel proud to be a part of this

705red

Browncafe Steward
This is probably a stupid question but I will ask it anyway.

When we cast our ballots, do they go to the IBT headquarters to be counted? Wouldn't it be better if the ballots were mailed to a third disinterested party to be counted? To do so might eliminate any charges of dishonesty and corruption.

I, for one, would like to think the election was conducted in an honest, above the table manner, instead of "the fox guarding the hen house" methods of the past.

The ballots should be sent to the elections judges office until the night before the count.The campaigns are allowed to have there own ballot watchers there to transport the ballots to the count site,those ballots are not to be left alone at any times,Hopes this helps you, ps doesnt matter who you vote for just please vote!!!!!!

Bill

Teamsters for a Democratic Union
Does it really matter who wins the election between Hoffa and Leedham? Even if Leedham is the most honest person in the world and he happens to win the election, his hands are tied. The Teamsters have mismanaged our pension for years and have used it for their own personal gain. As of now, there is not enough money in the fund to support every company. I don't know about the rest of you, but I do not like the idea of giving 60% of my pension away to other companies. This is the reason that APWA is challenging the Teamsters. UPS money should all go to UPS people. We work too hard to give it away.