Here's an odd firing story.....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

we dont even have a machine.

I thought you were a delivery machine. :)

We have two vending machines and numerous water fountains throughout the facility. We do not have an ice machine. During the summer they buy 15 cases of water per week for the drivers. We are encouraged to bring them home so that they will be nice and cold during the day.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Damn Fiji water in your vending machine? We have Pauls "almost Spring water" in our machines.Must be a Beverly Hills building!
tHEY PUT sAMS CLUB IN OURS EXCEPT IN THE SUMMER ITS USUALLY FREE FROM THE SAFETY COMMITTEE caps lock sorry

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
You guys have rain? We gotta chop the ice, bring it in and wait for it to melt!
Speaking of ice , in the summer our ice machines dont work and the cold water in our nasty locker rooms comes out hot only. Our break room is the smoking area outside with camera watching the part time thugs play poker before their shift starts.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have lost count of the number of items I have found left behind in the men's room that I have turned in to the OMS hoping the person who lost them would claim them. Sunglasses, watches, hats, money, etc.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
When I was an unloader I wouldn't even pick a coin up off the trailer floor. And if I find pens or other crap in my package car that weren't there the day before, that's where they stay.

who_better_than_me

Lol y'all have strict centers. I find random money on bye ground I pick it up and keep it moving. I've returned wallets though. Guess ppl in our hub are careless. Then again our shop Stewart is a beast. Sups have been fired for goin to war again him.

cardboard-surfer

Best kept secret at UPS; loaders drink from the leaks in feeder canvas roofs. That's the real reason holes in feeders aren't repaired; it keeps the loaders alive while they scan. Makes them more efficient, no more trips outside to the fountain.

One day a PC driver saw me filling up a bottle from the bathroom tap. He yelled, "You drink UPS water?! You're gonna grow titties drinking that stuff."

livin the dream

was loading up my dolly for a bulk office building once. saw a pen on the floor so I grabbed it for an extra just in case. then I saw another, and another, and eventually realized one of the boxes was full of pens and they were falling out of a hole lol. put that pen back real quick