Here's How UPS Driver Income Stacks Up

island1fox

You forgot guns. :grouphug: And don't forget Walmart and Mcdonalds and Wendy's and FDX ground since they are taking taxpayer money also by paying slave wages. :funny:

purple,

Just gotta love you guys. People flipping burgers or Walmart greeters should make a living wage like UPS drivers. Jobs like the ones you mentioned were never meant and never will be living wage jobs --they were meant for people going to school before starting their careers or retirees filling out their day and supplementing their retirement.

Many career hamburger flippers must look in the mirror --how did THEY wind up in the job as a career ? School was a joke--no respect for parents or authority ---too lazy to unload a package or deliver a load ???:wink2:

The most important thing you ignore is our fearless leader. A little less golfing and speech making ---what happened to his big "jobs committee" that he ignored !!
He has made "speeches" about the Tax structure --yet the U.S. prevents investment growth and jobs with the highest corporate tax in the world.

He does nothing to create legislation that would punish the "Apples" of the world for outsourcing jobs --His Administration themselves have outsourced thousands of high paying jobs ---fOR EXAMPLE --660 million dollars to a Canadian Company --to build the Obamacare website ---that does not work???? A JOKE !!!!:happy-very:

Obama will re-re-re-re-re-re- focus on jobs and the economy ---FIVE years and counting -----Keep supporting the joke as he pushes you on "teamcare"

When I purchase guns as my right as an American Citizen --with all the necessary legal permits and paperwork ---I am in fact supporting our economy ---Doing a lot more than the Golfer in Chief !!!!:sad-little:

purplesky

purple,

Just gotta love you guys. People flipping burgers or Walmart greeters should make a living wage like UPS drivers. Jobs like the ones you mentioned were never meant and never will be living wage jobs --they were meant for people going to school before starting their careers or retirees filling out their day and supplementing their retirement.

Many career hamburger flippers must look in the mirror --how did THEY wind up in the job as a career ? School was a joke--no respect for parents or authority ---too lazy to unload a package or deliver a load ???:wink2:

The most important thing you ignore is our fearless leader. A little less golfing and speech making ---what happened to his big "jobs committee" that he ignored !!
He has made "speeches" about the Tax structure --yet the U.S. prevents investment growth and jobs with the highest corporate tax in the world.

He does nothing to create legislation that would punish the "Apples" of the world for outsourcing jobs --His Administration themselves have outsourced thousands of high paying jobs ---fOR EXAMPLE --660 million dollars to a Canadian Company --to build the Obamacare website ---that does not work???? A JOKE !!!!:happy-very:

Obama will re-re-re-re-re-re- focus on jobs and the economy ---FIVE years and counting -----Keep supporting the joke as he pushes you on "teamcare"

When I purchase guns as my right as an American Citizen --with all the necessary legal permits and paperwork ---I am in fact supporting our economy ---Doing a lot more than the Golfer in Chief !!!!:sad-little:

island1fox,
20 years ago I would agree with you about fast food workers being high school kids just making minimum wage. But YOU ARE LIVING IN THE PAST. There are thousands of hard working Americans working these types of jobs just to survive and feed their families.

There are thousands of college grads now working these types of jobs. Not just lazy people who didn't go to college and not look in the mirror.

Hey island YOU DO REALIZE THAT THE ADJUSTED CORPORATE TAX RATE AFTER CORPORATE TAX LOOPHOLES IS ABOUT 13%. NOT THE 35% THAT TWITT ROBME BITCHED ABOUT IN THE PRESIDENTIAL DEBATES.
Yes Obama does want to lower the corporate tax rates but corporate America has such a great deal now that they don't want to really change the LOOPHOLE GAME.

I dont hear any Republicans or tea party obstructionists demanding that Apple and GE or tax cheats like MITT ROMNEY pay tax on their offshore money? Atleast Obama says it over and over.

So what if Obama plays golf or basketball? Do you really think the President of the United states ever really gets a break from being President in this digital age?

And really the most important thing island is that Corporate America and their lobbyists RUN AMERICA. Not Obama. You give Obama too much credit. OBAMA WILL BE GONE SOON.

There are people(Fox News for example) making billions off this political divide in America and its sad.

Obamacare so far is a mess. You are correct. If somebody has a plan b for fixing healthcare in America they should present it.

Last edited:

purplesky

Remember that even with a Union, UPS starts us at the same rate as McDonald's and Wal*Mart. And we have to pay union dues, they don't. And we work much, much harder. The only benefit - better benefits (and a potentially lucrative future).

You have to remember that McDonald's and like jobs is an entrance into the workforce. Mostly for kids still in school learning their first work skills. This isn't a place to earn a "living wage". When did this happen? If your expecting to make a living out of McDonald's (and not be a manager) than you're out of your mind.

Above (facts on Walmart) states that there's 25 applications for each open position. Why, if people aren't hoping for the opportunity and pay that Walmart offers. If it was bad, they wouldn't get applications, would they.

Raising the pay to $15, or even just $12 will price all of these young people out of the market resulting in a generation not getting any first time work experience.

Also consider the other side of this. Minimum wage acts as a baseline for the value of a dollar. Wanna hyper-inflate currency? Raise the minimum wage to a "living wage". You'll see the value of a dollar plummet. Then, those same people will be in the same place they were before.

Be careful what you wish for.

Dude,
How long have wages in America been flat? Since you were born 34 years ago. THE ONLY GROUP THAT HAS CONSISTENTLY RECEIVED RAISES AND BONUSES ARE THE FOLKS AT THE TOP.

This is why the middle class has been shrinking.

This discussion IS REALLY ABOUT ALL WORKERS IN AMERICA. Not just entry level minimum wage jobs at Walmart and Mcdonalds.

America has been in a economic downward spiral for decades because of flat and consistent low wages.

Everything in our economy is about wages.

You are now subsidizing Walmart and Mcdonalds with your paycheck. Why should you as a taxpayer have to support Walmart workers(FOOD STAMPS,HOUSING,HEALTHCARE) so the Walmart family can accumulate billions more to their $150 billion fortune?

Dude, Walmart could easily pay their workforce more and still make many billions in profits.

What I wish for is yes that Walmart pays a living wage.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Wal-Mart sux
walmart-wages-rollback.jpg

teamsterdan

the major flaw in your line of thinking is that compensation needs to be paid at a rate commensurate with the success of the company......thats what you and the other YES voters don't seem to comprehend............you logic has caused the greatest rate of wage inequality in history........ fair and just compensation for our labour means that when the company profits through our work we should be compensated equal to that success......meaning that the number of hours needed to reach the 80k mark should decrease..........

hdkappler

I like my family to much to want to make $86k

I may just miss $80k this year. Hard to make 80 when I only had 3 hours of OT last week.
you don't no how good you have it.since I have retired I work partime.some people who come into our store would love to have youre job.you wouldn't have to pay them overtime till over 40 hrs.

Griff

Remember that even with a Union, UPS starts us at the same rate as McDonald's and Wal*Mart. And we have to pay union dues, they don't. And we work much, much harder. The only benefit - better benefits (and a potentially lucrative future).

You have to remember that McDonald's and like jobs is an entrance into the workforce. Mostly for kids still in school learning their first work skills. This isn't a place to earn a "living wage". When did this happen? If your expecting to make a living out of McDonald's (and not be a manager) than you're out of your mind.

Above (facts on Walmart) states that there's 25 applications for each open position. Why, if people aren't hoping for the opportunity and pay that Walmart offers. If it was bad, they wouldn't get applications, would they.

Raising the pay to $15, or even just $12 will price all of these young people out of the market resulting in a generation not getting any first time work experience.

Also consider the other side of this. Minimum wage acts as a baseline for the value of a dollar. Wanna hyper-inflate currency? Raise the minimum wage to a "living wage". You'll see the value of a dollar plummet. Then, those same people will be in the same place they were before.

Be careful what you wish for.

saupload_US_dollar_Value_3-value-of-the-dollar.jpg

Minimum wage has absolutely nothing to do with the value of the fiat US dollar.

It has been sinking like the titanic for many, many years in an orchestrated effort to enslave people to debt.
saupload_US_dollar_Value_3-value-of-the-dollar.jpg

browniehound

I noticed there was a few teaching jobs on that list. Huge difference between that job and ours. They work 6 hours a day with summers off and we work, well you know. When compared like this I'd say we're not doing that great. I made $79,583 last year and I don't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of, so I don't think 80K is that much money. At least where I live.