Here's one for you all.

bbsam

Staff member
Not sure I understand. Are you saying there wasn't bipartisan support of the Iraq war?

No. I'm saying that the democrats were a bunch of spineless weasels who were afraid to vote their conscience and let themselve be intimidated by the Sean Hannity's of the world.

Furthermore, since I am sure that we can agree there are idiots in the republican party as well (we can agree to that can't we?), maybe the republican leadership can stand up to them (the way the democrats didn't) and we can solve some problems.

kingOFchester

put them in harms way with no justification whatsoever.

I guess you missed the memo from colonel Colin Powell. He mentioned, and even showed a picture, of a truck in Iraq that could of been a mobile bioweapons lab. Wonder what ever happened to that truck?? I would think that priority one would be not to loose the location of the said truck.......
Oh, right...we can thank the big Dick Cheney.

You can take the Republicans and Democrat leaders and let them all sit on island together. Give me a Libertarian. You do what you want to do, and I will do what I want to do. End of story.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I guess you missed the memo from colonel Colin Powell. He mentioned, and even showed a picture, of a truck in Iraq that could of been a mobile bioweapons lab. Wonder what ever happened to that truck?? I would think that priority one would be not to loose the location of the said truck.......
Oh, right...we can thank the big Dick Cheney.

You can take the Republicans and Democrat leaders and let them all sit on island together. Give me a Libertarian. You do what you want to do, and I will do what I want to do. End of story.

Like a lot of other claims, it turned out not to be true. click

trickpony1

Like a lot of other claims, it turned out not to be true. click

Yup.
Kinda like there's no evidence, other than common sense, that JFK was shot from the front.
Iraq is a big place. How long would it take a bulldozer and a battalion of Iraqi soldiers to bury some truck(s)?
Let's put on our thinking hats..........

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Yup.
Kinda like there's no evidence, other than common sense, that JFK was shot from the front.
Iraq is a big place. How long would it take a bulldozer and a battalion of Iraqi soldiers to bury some truck(s)?
Let's put on our thinking hats..........

My thinking hat tells me that if Saddam did have any stockpiles of nuclear or biological weapons, he would have used them on Israel when he launched the SCUD missiles at them during the first Gulf War.

My thinking hat tells me that mere suspicion on our part that Saddam might have been trying to develop nuclear or biological weapons is not sufficient justification for an invasion that cost the lives of up to 100,000 innocent Iraqi civilians.

My thinking hat also tells me that Saddam was well aware of the 2000+ nuclear weapons possessed by the United States, and of our capability to turn his entire nation into a radioactive crater in retalitation for any sort of WMD attack that he might have chosen to launch against us.

bluehdmc

Who had the bipartisan support of Congress...

Yes they all caved into, "If you're not with us, you're against us."

Not necessarily true, but it sounds good on a sound bite.

Funny after they got to Baghdad, captured and hanged Saddam, the cause was called, "freeing the Iragi people from tyranny".

moreluck

golden ticket member
Yes they all caved into, "If you're not with us, you're against us."

Not necessarily true, but it sounds good on a sound bite.

Funny after they got to Baghdad, captured and hanged Saddam, the cause was called, "freeing the Iragi people from tyranny".
I had the clip of the hanging and I didn't see any Americans there,just a bunch of screamin' locals. You make it sound like the soldiers hung him.

bluehdmc

I had the clip of the hanging and I didn't see any Americans there,just a bunch of screamin' locals. You make it sound like the soldiers hung him.

Sorry if you misunderstood me, my point was after we "won" the war, the subject of "weapons of mass destruction", (which I thought was the reason for the invasion), turned into "freeing the Iraqi people from tyranny".