Hey Atlanta here's a idea

DSM515

On thanksgiving day shift the whole company's start time back a hour and a half. This would allow the drivers to help finish load their trucks and get out a hour earlier, this would allow them to del ground and air together and start resi's earlier. I know SPORH go's down big time when it gets dark. We used to start at 8 am and during peak 730 and never ran into the problems we have seen since you moved the start time later and later each year!!!! We all know the only reason it's late start times now is 9.5 grievances. Since we can't file durning peek 9.5 doesn't matter. Then on Xmas day shift the start times back. Just give us a fighting chance and with a 9 am start time I don't think we have a chance in hell

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
On thanksgiving day shift the whole company's start time back a hour and a half. This would allow the drivers to help finish load their trucks and get out a hour earlier, this would allow them to del ground and air together and start resi's earlier. I know SPORH go's down big time when it gets dark. We used to start at 8 am and during peak 730 and never ran into the problems we have seen since you moved the start time later and later each year!!!! We all know the only reason it's late start times now is 9.5 grievances. Since we can't file durning peek 9.5 doesn't matter. Then on Xmas day shift the start times back. Just give us a fighting chance and with a 9 am start time I don't think we have a chance in hell
Then we might think they give a crap. We can not think they give a crap.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Starting earlier makes too much sense, so it won't work. Delivering in daylight when you can see and work safely is over-rated.

ManInBrown

I love hood routes in the dark. It's kinda fun. Adds a little challenge to the day. And no, I'm not kidding. Dead serious

Some of you spend way too much time worrying about things you can't control. Once again, they are decision makers, we aren't. WAD. The start time is what it is. The end time is what it is. Its a pay by the hour gig. I couldn't give two flips about whether I can mix ground with NDA in the morning. If I can, I can. If I can't, I can't

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You are talking about what company? I know at UPS, we don't work on Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Future

Victory Ride
tumblr_lz9ovn9rWz1qf09kbo1_500.jpg
tumblr_lz9ovn9rWz1qf09kbo1_500.jpg

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
We can't start early because our have to have it now society dictates better time in transit. Loads come in too late now. We need to go back to "please allow 6 to 8 weeks for delivery". That being said we could start a little earlier. Every minute counts.

tacken

Safety first, so delivering in the dark just makes sense. Why start early when you can be stumbling around in the dark. After busting your A... ALL DAY. Are safety is number (1) to them HAHAHAHAH

STFXG

We can't start early because our have to have it now society dictates better time in transit. Loads come in too late now. We need to go back to "please allow 6 to 8 weeks for delivery". That being said we could start a little earlier. Every minute counts.
We have faster transit times and start at 7 am...