Hey.. i need help

D

Daniel K

How long will it will it take for UPS Ground shipping to send me me my laptop from Salt lake city to NYC

tieguy

Banned
depends on how many wives the shipper has...:happy-very:

If you have the shipper number and track it on the ups site it should show you the scheduled delivery date. For sensitive electrical equipment like laptops I usually at least request two day air delivery and probably next day air delivery to reduce the handles on it.

jds4lunch

What the hell is YOUPS??
3-5 buisness days is usually a good ballpark for ground. Just a heads up, If it was me, I would ship something like a laptop air, simply because air packages tend to reach thier destinations in better condition than ground packages.

rod

Retired 22 years
Oh heck- throw it in a paper shipping envelope and ship it ground. :happy2: Make sure it's a used envelope with at least 3 or 4 old addresses on it. :wink2: Better yet just wright the address on it and ship it that way . I was always amazed when someone would send a nice suitcase and then complain if it got scratched or a handle was broke.

Overpaid Union Thug

How long will it will it take for UPS Ground shipping to send me me my laptop from Salt lake city to NYC

I hope you purchased an Apple laptop. If not....have fun fighting off viruses and spyware every day. :)

The only thing that sucks about Apple is that they use FedEx. I traveled 50 minutes to an Apple Store to buy my laptop instead of letting FedEx (or ANY other delivery compnay) damage it during shipping. After working at UPS and FedEx I know better than trust any of them with a high dollar item such as a computer. I did purchase my laptop backpack online though and it will arrive tomorrow.

Cementups

Box Monkey
5-15 business days is what they will tell you. Then we will show up with it in 3. Then you will answer the door and say "Oh my god, I wasn't expecting this for at least two more days." then if it were me delivering it I will tell you, "I'm sorry, I'll bring it back in 2 days then," and turn around and head back to my truck. Have a good day.

DS

Fenderbender
I heard TieGuy needs a new latptop so you wont get it.
This dig is a lie and it may seem funny to you Fnix,it may not seem all that funny to the customer that started this thread,or tie for that matter.
Please everyone, think before you post.

Channahon

UPS just enhanced some ground lanes, so go to UPS.com and look at a time in transit map for ground.
Unless your shipment was sent air - second day air - 2 days, Next day air, well next day from the time UPS received the shipment

satellitedriver

I hope you purchased an Apple laptop. If not....have fun fighting off viruses and spyware every day. :)

The only thing that sucks about Apple is that they use FedEx. I traveled 50 minutes to an Apple Store to buy my laptop instead of letting FedEx (or ANY other delivery compnay) damage it during shipping. After working at UPS and FedEx I know better than trust any of them with a high dollar item such as a computer. I did purchase my laptop backpack online though and it will arrive tomorrow.
Ponder this,
Dell is using DHL in my area now.
Jeez, you should hear the complaints from my customers.

tieguy

Banned
Ponder this,
Dell is using DHL in my area now.
Jeez, you should hear the complaints from my customers.

computers or just parts. At one point we had the computers and dhl shipped the replacement parts.

by the way I have had a Dell now and the service has been terrific. gotten two new keyboards and a replacement hard drive with very little heartache. I have had my dell laptop for close to three years now.

kene1024

computers or just parts. At one point we had the computers and dhl shipped the replacement parts.

by the way I have had a Dell now and the service has been terrific. gotten two new keyboards and a replacement hard drive with very little heartache. I have had my dell laptop for close to three years now.

Computers and parts (at least in the Chicago area). Ordered parts and a new laptop about a month ago and both were delivered by DHL. Of course, dell's website said the computer would ship on a given day, and it actually shipped about a week early, so nobody was here when DHL tried to deliver...spent a lot of time on the phone with 3 different people trying to figure out how to do a will-call pickup - there is no way (that I could find) to do it on the web like you can with UPS.

At least they didn't leave it on the front porch, in the rain, like Fedex Ground does with my pet supplies...

UPS Lifer

I have to second that about Apple (Mac) computers. While I was working I had to stay with the PC... didn't want to take any chances with compatibility issues.

I am so happy I switched to Mac. No virus problems and start up and shut down are much faster also! I used to spend more time with upgrading software and now I actually have time to spend on the computer.

Making webpages is so easy a 10 year can do it. I could go on and on.

Go Mac!!!