When do they schedule impairment rating?

Whaaaaaa

Hey guys, I think they are about to send me back to work after being off 8 months. How long after returning to work do they typically send me to get the impairment rating? Thanks
I’m in Central.

Whaaaaaa

I read somewhere on here that they reached MMI and were sent back to work and then got scheduled for impairment rating appointment. It just didn’t say how long that took.

I ask this question because I want to retire the same day I get the doctors release, but I don’t want to leave before being assured I get the impairment rating.

Johney

I read somewhere on here that they reached MMI and were sent back to work and then got scheduled for impairment rating appointment. It just didn’t say how long that took.

I ask this question because I want to retire the same day I get the doctors release, but I don’t want to leave before being assured I get the impairment rating.
You should get your impairment rating when you're at MMI. That's how it worked for myself.

qdg2

+
I would think it would before you go back to work.
Why in the world would you go back to work(after 8 months)(being injured assuming)(not in the head)(mentally) and not be evaluated?

You want the impairment rating to sue the company?

Johney

+

Why in the world would you go back to work(after 8 months)(being injured assuming)(not in the head)(mentally) and not be evaluated?

You want the impairment rating to sue the company?
Impairment rating is not so you can sue the company. It is a disability percentage depending on what part of your body that was injured. Once you receive a percentage of disability they pay a lump sum for that disability. I had a rotator cuff repaired many years ago and was given a 2% disability rating. If I remember(it’s been a while)I got around $1,200.00.

Impairment rating is not so you can sue the company. It is a disability percentage depending on what part of your body that was injured. Once you receive a percentage of disability they pay a lump sum for that disability. I had a rotator cuff repaired many years ago and was given a 2% disability rating. If I remember(it’s been a while)I got around $1,200.00.
That's your bear drinking arm you should have gotten more money

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
When I went through all of this it went like this. Before returning to work, the doctor will do a final rating. I then went back to work. The rating can be disputed by either the company if they think it's too high, or the injured employee if you feel it's too low. I didn't dispute my doctors rating, but the company did. My doctor rated me 13% disabled, company said they believed it should be 5%. The state compensation then sent me a panel of 3 QMEs (Qualified Medical Evaluator) to choose from. They're supposed to be an impartial medical mediator type thing. I went to the appointment, which was 90 minutes long...yes, they are thorough. Then they come up with what they think your disability rating should be. My QME actually increased my disability rating to 15%, much to the company's dismay. If I didn't agree with that QME, I believe I could have requested one myself as well, but didn't. It still has to go before a judge and that will be your final settlement. I went before the judge myself, no lawyer, and the company's insurer sent their lawyer. I never said a word, and the judge tore into their lawyer, saying that she had come before the court previously for my case, and he said they were trying to short change me in my settlement. He ended up raising the final rating to 17%. It worked out to nearly $1k per percentage point of disability, so the company's arrogance ended up putting an additional $4k in my pocket.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I crushed my thumb at work. Doctor said he counted at least 8 pieces of bone on the x-ray. I was off about 3 months, if memory serves me correct. The doctor who performed the surgery said I had a 1% permanent disability. What's he going to say? That he did a bad job?
it's like grading your own test in school. lol. My thumb is a bit crooked, and the thumb barely bends. I challenged his assessment, and UPS sent me a list of 3 supposedly impartial doctors. I had to chose one, and his ruling was final. The second doctor said he thought it was a 3% disability. Back then, a disability point was worth $1000.00 each. UPS, or Liberty Mutual cut me a $3000.00 check.

Whaaaaaa

Well, I’ve been off 8 months, but I didn’t have surgery, so I guess my impairment rating will be low. I seen the orthopedic doctor on the 21st. I assume he isn’t the one that gives the rating. If he releases me, then I assume that’s when I see whoever does the rating. I’ll see what happens.

Johney

Well, I’ve been off 8 months, but I didn’t have surgery, so I guess my impairment rating will be low. I seen the orthopedic doctor on the 21st. I assume he isn’t the one that gives the rating. If he releases me, then I assume that’s when I see whoever does the rating. I’ll see what happens.
The Orthopedic Dr. will be the one to give you your rating. Do you not get paperwork after every comp appointment with the Dr.?

Whaaaaaa

After every doc appointment the only paperwork I get are the forms telling that I’m still off of work until my next appointment.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I crushed my thumb at work. Doctor said he counted at least 8 pieces of bone on the x-ray. I was off about 3 months, if memory serves me correct. The doctor who performed the surgery said I had a 1% permanent disability. What's he going to say? That he did a bad job?
it's like grading your own test in school. lol. My thumb is a bit crooked, and the thumb barely bends. I challenged his assessment, and UPS sent me a list of 3 supposedly impartial doctors. I had to chose one, and his ruling was final. The second doctor said he thought it was a 3% disability. Back then, a disability point was worth $1000.00 each. UPS, or Liberty Mutual cut me a $3000.00 check.
On one of my WC claims Liberty Mutual actually paid me a higher percentage than my doctor had determined.

Whaaaaaa

Ok, saw the ortho doc, got released, they put in for me to go to get impairment rating with a third party doctor. So I will go back to work, work one day in Jan 2024, take all my vacation, and hang up the gloves.
Thx for any input you guys gave. I’m curious to see what the rating will be.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Ok, saw the ortho doc, got released, they put in for me to go to get impairment rating with a third party doctor. So I will go back to work, work one day in Jan 2024, take all my vacation, and hang up the gloves.
Thx for any input you guys gave. I’m curious to see what the rating will be.
How many years you got in

Whaaaaaa

Only 7.5 years with UPS. Retired from previous career.
Just got scheduled for impairment rating next Thursday. Seems like the doc that’s gonna do it is just a general practitioner. Wonder how this is gonna go.

Whaaaaaa

Went to impairment rating appointment. Doc commented that there was some impairment but didn’t say how much. But that means it has to at least be 1%. Lol
I will get the letter on the percentage in 10 days.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You crush your thumb in the pintle hook???