Hidden packages

TopsyKrets

$41.51
4 year full time RPCD here still trying to “figure things out”. Long story short, several times in the last few months I have found packages hidden on my car beneath bulk stops or stuffed behind large packages on the wrong shelf. As if they’re being loaded on purpose that way. Each time the packages are stops that are quite a ways out of town. What in the world is going on?? Have I made preload mad? Or is management trying to see what I will do with them?

Any input from more experienced drivers would be appreciated.

quad decade guy

Anything is possible. If my truck was bulked out....pkgs could be anywhere and were.

Poor loading or folks just coming by and throwing stuff in can cause all sorts of problems.

Remember this: nobody cares more about your load than you. If possible, keep sliding that stuff forward and go through it at least once. If you have to keep a stop till the end or whatever......make sure what is in it.

BTW, are these misloads? Send a text when found. Lay it on the center. Not much else you can do. It is possible you are being tested. Possible. Quite.

You have a great advantage knowing how many and where......we never had that....if accurate of course...

4 year full time RPCD here still trying to “figure things out”. Long story short, several times in the last few months I have found packages hidden on my car beneath bulk stops or stuffed behind large packages on the wrong shelf. As if they’re being loaded on purpose that way. Each time the packages are stops that are quite a ways out of town. What in the world is going on?? Have I made preload mad? Or is management trying to see what I will do with them?

Management might be salting your load

RMR46

It called salting. What I do put them in as missed. Put time on PKG example missed the 1245pm. Ect then if you're lucky hey supervisor will come pick it up can you write a grievance supervisors shuttling. It pays rather well

charm299

We call those packages triple time pay

AKCoverMan

I document every “not found” by messaging center, if I find it later i message that too, tell ‘em I’m going back. Almost never get a reply but if anyone questions my out of trace shags its all there.

nWo

Pt belt sups will sometimes throw random packages on your back shelves to make the belts look clean.

As a driver you need to call in all misloads and sheet every package on your truck. If you hit not found on a package and find it later then go back and deliver it. Or sheet it as missed or whatever. Don't burn packages. And in my experience if management is salting your truck it's because they have reason to believe you are burning packages.

JustDeliverIt

I’ve also had bad loaders, at the end when they are trying to leave and some random packages come down, stick everything in the 6900 & 8900 area. If I’m missing something it’s always the first place I look.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I document every “not found” by messaging center, if I find it later i message that too, tell ‘em I’m going back. Almost never get a reply but if anyone questions my out of trace shags its all there.
No question of dishonesty or stealing time there. I communicated and left the ball in your court. This is how you play the game, kids.

Whither

Scofflaw
@quad decade guy, no they’re not misloads. But are almost always stops that would cost a lot of time to back track to. Which I don’t mind doing and I’d think they know this by now.
Then it sounds like it's probably just your loader(s). Since the company took away the MRA a few weeks ago the loads have been uglier. I can't blame the preload for a lack of morale. I'm rarely able to verify all my air these days, and several times I've found resi air with a 1000 PAL buried in my 150-200 piece rear door stop.

TopsyKrets

$41.51

Attachments

• 4BC62195-1228-4B41-AE96-CAC808569F05.png
    4BC62195-1228-4B41-AE96-CAC808569F05.png
    92.2 KB · Views: 52