High Tax State Liberals Want Someone Else To Pay For Their State's Massive Spending?

meritocracy

Noticeably absent from the 17 New York Democrats who signed the recent letter was Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

“I think it’s a giveaway to the rich,” she told reporters last month. “So, I do not believe in holding the entire infrastructure package hostage for a full repeal and abolishing the cap. I think we can have a conversation about the policy, but it’s a bit of an extreme position, to be frank.”

There’s no debate that the SALT deduction goes mostly to wealthier taxpayers. About 85 percent of its benefits accrue to the richest 5 percent of households, according to an analysis by the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy in Washington. Were the cap to be repealed, about two-thirds of the benefits — about $67 billion — would go to families making over $200,000 a year.
Republicans and moderate/centrist Dems are on the same team on stuff like this. But hey, I guess it's good for JERBS, eh? Lower taxes means MORE JERBS! Keep cutting and eventually, everyone will have 2 or 3! Paradise.

rickyb

as i recall when u balance the budget or run a surplus you are taking money out of the economy. its not good. MMT for the rich isnt good either.

El Correcto

god is dead
the federal govt bailed out the rich at the beginning of the pandemic. when states ran out of money it made the excuse we already spent it on teh rich.
What are you going on about idiot, you don’t even know what you are talking about. Do you realize how much the stimulus and unemployment benefits they passed cost?

oldngray

nowhere special
Untitled.png

Babagounj

Strength through joy
In Massachusetts , a Democratic controlled state, there is an option for those who wish to pay more taxes can do so.
But less than .0001 % of these liberals bother to do so.