Higher paying Part-Time job?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
You need a bartenders license in Wisconsin. At least in the cities that you work. My daughter has one and it needs to be reviewed every couple of years. They can turn you down with certain offenses.
Nah, no state has a bartender's license. Wisconsin has the closest thing to a bartender's license with what's called an Operator's License. Bartenders are not required to have one. At least one person in charge of the bar has to hold one. I can't speak for city/town requirements outside of New England that may have their own permitting/licensing requirements, but I have a background in managing night clubs/bartending/bouncing and in law enforcement so I know that no state has a bartender's license per se.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Wait tables, higher hourly rate and work less hours to make the same if you were to work more hours somewhere else. Waiting tables and or bartending is easy as taking candy from a baby. If you know how to play HOLLYWOOD then you can do it, if not your out of luck lol.
One of my good friends is a waiter. He makes a little over $2 an hour from the restaurant. Sunday-Thursday he practically works for free. You'd be surprised how many people tip absolutely nothing. Then that Saturday comes around where he makes $500 in one night. Working for tips is a gamble.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
One of my good friends is a waiter. He makes a little over $2 an hour from the restaurant. Sunday-Thursday he practically works for free. You'd be surprised how many people tip absolutely nothing. Then that Saturday comes around where he makes $500 in one night. Working for tips is a gamble.
Can be but if you pick the right one and work the right nights, and can flip tables quickly youll almost always make good money. I always made bank when I waited tables. The ladies there used to get so mad at me because I always had the best section in the house when I worked. They would always ask the manager why I always got the best section when I worked and he always said because hes the only one that could handle it when we got stomped on. I always used to buss my own tables and not wait for the bus boy. Flip tables quicker that way. The most tables I ever waited on at 1 time was 15 one night we had a bunch of callouts. Made 250 bux in 3 to 4 hours that night. The moneys there if you hustle and play Hollywood and got the hustler skills lol.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes you can collect part timers in my building do it all the time

You are assuming he will be laid off in January, which may or may not be the case.

To the OP----if possible try to get a 2nd job that will pay you under the table. Lawncare and snow removal are two that most often try to keep their "employees" off the books.

Daalcaar

"Massage therapist" for women that provide happy endings. Hahaha. Or a contracted adult actor, if you happen to be good in "that department." Lol. No, but really, you can do tutoring if you happen to be smart.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You are assuming he will be laid off in January, which may or may not be the case.

To the OP----if possible try to get a 2nd job that will pay you under the table. Lawncare and snow removal are two that most often try to keep their "employees" off the books.

Would that not be illegal ?

Sent using BrownCafe App