Hilarious UPS is running ads on local radio looking for PT Sups

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
That's pretty much how it was on our line in 97. We had a grill going practically 24 hours a day. Guys were cooking steaks at
4 in the morning. Sups took the package cars out the first couple days but then that stopped. Both sides knew it was a
joke. Cops would stop by once in awhile and we'd always offer whatever we were cooking and a cold soda. There was a
big shade tree we sat under in lawn chairs. Never heard a raised voice or saw a raised fist the whole time. We came back,
it was like nothing had ever happened.
That sounds amazing

rod

Retired 22 years
That's pretty much how it was on our line in 97. We had a grill going practically 24 hours a day. Guys were cooking steaks at
4 in the morning. Sups took the package cars out the first couple days but then that stopped. Both sides knew it was a
joke. Cops would stop by once in awhile and we'd always offer whatever we were cooking and a cold soda. There was a
big shade tree we sat under in lawn chairs. Never heard a raised voice or saw a raised fist the whole time. We came back,
it was like nothing had ever happened.
The first strike in the 70’s the center manager ran an extension cord out to us so we could watch smut flicks on the side of a UPS trailer. He joined us for beer and smut. He told us that he hoped we got everything we were asking for because that meant he wo be getting all that plus more.

barnyard

KTM rider
We got a diad message today that our afternoon sort has been short a supervisor for months and that we should refer someone to fill the job.

Also, we had 32 people that had UPSgo, now it is 19. The fact that bosses know how many have it, says everything I need to know about getting it.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
We got a diad message today that our afternoon sort has been short a supervisor for months and that we should refer someone to fill the job.

Also, we had 32 people that had UPSgo, now it is 19. The fact that bosses know how many have it, says everything I need to know about getting it.

Clearly Management is the Enemy

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
So your retired and still spew hate about ups and working conditions.. right..., also you think low level operations management is the enemy not corporate... right
This is like saying only Hitler was the enemy, not his lower level goons that executed his policies, ruthlessly. I'm also retired, and will be out on the line in support if a strike is called because working conditions are that bad! You act as though all is just forgotten after a 30+ year career filled with harrassment and animosity. It doesn't just go away because you no longer work there. You'd like to believe it would, but it doesn't!

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
I hope if we strike it’s like king of queens where Doug hefernan is drinking beer bbqing and playing frisbee
I have to believe that they did their research to get this storyline, because it was exactly as depicted on the show. We had a line of bbqs, coolers stocked full. Football games in the road. Lots of truckers, firemen, police officers, etc. stopping by daily to drop off supplies in support. Hardly had to actually protest as they only tried to get 2 or 3 package cars out during the whole strike.