HIRING PROCESS

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
Ground has standards. We don't just hire shlubs straight off the street like express does.

Joke of the millennium, and it is not even close...unless you count George W. Bush's "presidency".

Bravo sir, bravo!

AuuQ3QY.gif

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
I would think that the contractor who gets paid to watch CNBC would have chimed in by now...no?

I just chilled on BC for an hour and a half waiting for a pup stop CNBC contractor, where are you?

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Ground has standards. We don't just hire shlubs straight off the street like express does.
It sounds like STFXG delivery co. is too cheap to pay for training, or is it fed ex that's too cheap, well no because its STFXG delivery co. and you have your own guidelines for hiring your own employees at your own company right?

STFXG

It sounds like STFXG delivery co. is too cheap to pay for training, or is it fed ex that's too cheap, well no because its STFXG delivery co. and you have your own guidelines for hiring your own employees at your own company right?

I do have my own guidelines... they just mirror FedEx requirements. ;)

I'm also a smith system certified trainer. All my drivers go through training after they are hired. So all my drivers get basically the same training as express drivers and they come with a minimum of a year of experience.

STFXG, Inc. has a very good safety record fwiw.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I do have my own guidelines... they just mirror FedEx requirements. ;)

I'm also a smith system certified trainer. All my drivers go through training after they are hired. So all my drivers get basically the same training as express drivers and they come with a minimum of a year of experience.

STFXG, Inc. has a very good safety record fwiw.
So your required by FedEx to have FedEx's requirements, they also go through FedEx certified training program. What do you do again?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
They seem to work great at the immigration offices as well.

Ground Hiring Steps:

1. Leave jail and/or prison.

2. Stop molesting the dog/neighbors/kids long enough to avoid #1.

3. Quit smoking/using weed/meth/heroin until you can test clean, OR wear a heated urine pack bought with your beer money.

4. Beer/alcohol. See #3

5. Lie that you completed high school and get a friend at the trailer park to provide you with a "residence" mailing address. The USPS won't deliver to your van down by the river.

6. Bathe

7. Put-out your cigarette...at least during the interview.

8. Cover-up the tattoo of your wife having relations with Satan that covers your entire arm and cost you $10,000.

9. Practice your English

TeamLift

Because every other job on earth is better than this, shoveling cow :censored2:e is better than this, picking up cow :censored2:e with your hands is better that this, but at the end of the day if you like working for wages where you will still qualify for welfare and food stamps, if you like driving a pos with no air, low tire pressure and no brakes, and if you like your contractor to bend you over and drive you like a finishing nail then this is the job you've been waiting for. Welcome aboard !

Bounty

It doesn't mean you have the job. It means your background check cleared. If your MVR is clear they then verify your experience. If that is good you need to be road tested. If you pass that you'll be eligible to be hired. I put guys through the system all the time when I don't have jobs open. If the contractor doesn't have an immediate opening chances are another contractor does and being cleared in the system is a big advantage to getting a job.
It's a hard job, but don't listen to these guys they work at Express and don't really know anything about FedEx Ground.
Your system or fedex's system? So they can tell you if its ok to hire your employee. Scam!

It will be fine

You can't say the hiring standards and process isn't a joke.
It's pretty ridiculous, but the argument that FedEx shouldn't have any minimum standards is stupid. They are the motor carrier, we operate under their DOT number and indemnity insurance. I've never seen it even mentioned in any lawsuit. To use that as an argument against an independent contractor relationship is a demonstration of ignorance of the applicable law. My company can hire anyone it wants to, but if they want to provide service for FedEx they need to meet the standards. It's not hard to understand the distinction.

Bounty

It's pretty ridiculous, but the argument that FedEx shouldn't have any minimum standards is stupid. They are the motor carrier, we operate under their DOT number and indemnity insurance. I've never seen it even mentioned in any lawsuit. To use that as an argument against an independent contractor relationship is a demonstration of ignorance of the applicable law. My company can hire anyone it wants to, but if they want to provide service for FedEx they need to meet the standards. It's not hard to understand the distinction.
I'm sure it will be mentioned when it goes to court.