Hiring questions

Kscott29

Hi everybody. I haven't "officially" been hired yet, and I am curious about how this process words. End of June, after I had filled out an app online, I was notified that I had an interview and to set a time. I did that and interviewed. They had me come back the next day for a tour. Then, I Received all of the needed forms - including payroll information, background info. etc..- online. When I look back at my application in just says "pending" and all forms are completed. And I've heard nothing. I really thought that I had the job. Now its going on four weeks with hearing nothing. I was wondering - is this normal? Does it take that long to get the actual training started. I have attempted to make some email inquiries and calls to HR, and still nothing.. Anybody out there have this similar experience or think this is normal?

Brisket

Relax, it may take a bit before they get back to you but when they do, it usually is a 'come in at 4:30 am' ( if you are a loader/unloader), or they may be tying to get you into a class ( if you are a driver).

Also vacations are in full swing, the normal mentors they assign you to may be off.

Give it till the middle of the week , and then give them a call if you have their number or email to let them know you are still interested.

FYI, they may be just waiting on your background check.

Box Ox

Yep. Sometimes the background check company misses a reference because somebody is on vacation or away from the phone. Might want to contact previous employers and ask 'em to be on the lookout for a call. UPS really does check with them.

Get unhooked there and you might get a call from HR the next day.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Hi everybody. I haven't "officially" been hired yet, and I am curious about how this process words. End of June, after I had filled out an app online, I was notified that I had an interview and to set a time. I did that and interviewed. They had me come back the next day for a tour. Then, I Received all of the needed forms - including payroll information, background info. etc..- online. When I look back at my application in just says "pending" and all forms are completed. And I've heard nothing. I really thought that I had the job. Now its going on four weeks with hearing nothing. I was wondering - is this normal? Does it take that long to get the actual training started. I have attempted to make some email inquiries and calls to HR, and still nothing.. Anybody out there have this similar experience or think this is normal?
Everything sucks at ups..its normal

TheFigurehead

Consider yourself lucky they havent called yet. Run as fast as you can in the opposite direction, and never look back. Seriously. Work absolutely anywhere else but here, and your life will be 100x better.

LeadBelly

Banned
Did you have any felonies you might have forgot to list?

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Nah that ain't normal. They are clowning you man, straight up clowning you

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Hired for what?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Relax, it may take a bit before they get back to you but when they do, it usually is a 'come in at 4:30 am' ( if you are a loader/unloader), or they may be tying to get you into a class ( if you are a driver).

Also vacations are in full swing, the normal mentors they assign you to may be off.

Give it till the middle of the week , and then give them a call if you have their number or email to let them know you are still interested.

Wrong

A background check doesn't take 4 weeks

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Nah that ain't normal. They are clowning you man, straight up clowning you
downloadfile.png

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
take this as a good sign from heaven.

your guardian angel is looking out for you.

Supes had to work a full shift last week after one unsecured the belt and packages came tumbling down on a guy. He hasn't shut up about it since. Was funny seeing them with more in their hands than a clipboard and a scanner fanny pack.. and how grossly out of shape and unskilled they are.