Hiring

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
I just recently went through the process. My job is ridiculously easy compared to the delivery drivers (I run air shuttles back and forth from the airport) so I won’t even pretend to comment on their day but if you’re in my area of Jersey get ready for a serious hiring process.

•Make absolutely sure you are presentable, clean shaven and business casual.
•Have no driving violations and make sure you can drive a manual transmission as you will be tested on a manual both as part of the interview road test and during driving school. Plus if your hub has manual cars then guess what.

Don’t expect to get a job and get out of driving school if you do not work hard and study. They ARE failing potential drivers, number one being they didn’t study their 5 Seeing Habits and 10 Point commentary and some because they plainly just couldn’t drive a manual package car and we’re let go on the spot. Guys failed and did not get a driving job with UPS.

Do not make the mistake of taking the hiring process lightly. I am former military and I was very impressed at how regimented and disciplined my instructor was and how demanding the training was. Like I said I can only comment on my experience and that was it. If you think you can drive, you’ll find out and fast.

Take it lightly and you won’t have a driving job. Also I hope you don’t have thin skin, get used to standing up in class and talking them through your DOK.

MrBrown

It really is differnet where you are and who you deal with. I went to my initial interview wearing normal regular street clothes for a seasonal pkg car driver job. A few weeks after my interview i had my road test and shortly there after went to “school” where i did wear business casual attire as they didnt have any uniforms for me. I learned the seeing habits verbatim and made it through training. I covered a route for six months (the driver had gone to feeders) then was laid off by the contract. A couple months later i was called back to go on my 30. I make the full rate next month. Im an off the street hire and although i did run for the first 6 months and while on my 30 im now full time. My scenario isnt the norm but can certainly be done. Be respectful and show desire to do the job, not much more you can do than that. Other than scratching or being paid under. Some can do the job, a lot cant. Give it your all, if you want it youll get it

Popcorn1

Rock your DJ outfit

3 sizes too big NBA jersey

Lots of fake gold

Flat brim hat backwards

Pants hanging offazz

Fake Rolex

$300 tennis shoes

Wait did I just describe @RonBurgandy??????????
I went to package handler appointment and no lie that’s what 2 people were wearing, another with his underwear sweatpants and under tank, 2 dressed for the office and no one read email about shoes on the tour or leaving there stuff behind. Just wear boots jeans and a polo male or female don’t bring anything except keys and iD