Hit branch cracked side window mirror

Newbe

So I’m a new driver only 5 days in this Saturday I was pulling over to make stop and pulled close to the sidewalk to get out of the way of traffic as far as I could. A branch pushed in the side mirror and cracked the side window and broke the top mirror glass. My sup told me to put Ok in the DVIR and didn’t make it seem like to big of a deal but I’m in my qualifying period and I’m scared I will get disqualified. Will this be charged as an accident? And if so shouldn’t they had me fill out an report that day?

Last edited:

Newbe

That’s what the sup did say I should say lol. He seemed pretty cool. Said he would try to talk to the mechanic before he left. But if the center manager here’s about it i could see him being an :censored2:.

SLW

Based on the number of PCs in my center that have the same damage, and have not been repaired in years, I'd say it's not a huge deal. But I'm not in charge either.

UPSER1987

That’s what the sup did say I should say lol. He seemed pretty cool. Said he would try to talk to the mechanic before he left. But if the center manager here’s about it i could see him being an :censored2:.
It sounds like you already reported it to the Sup. It’s up to him/ her now what they do with that information.

35years

Gravy route
Don't bring it up with anyone again.
You told the supervisor, it is on him.
He is probably trying to bury it.
You should have been immediately disqualified, but they need the body.

Don't hit anything else and run until you qualify.

Newbe

Yeah that’s my plan. When I go in tomorrow I’m gonna grab my diad and my hand truck as usual and hopefully they don’t say anything.

Yeah that’s my plan. When I go in tomorrow I’m gonna grab my diad and my hand truck as usual and hopefully they don’t say anything.

Keep tools with you. Next time write the window up as found cracked during your pre-trip, then switch the broken mirror with another PC. It works. So I hear.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
If its minor and hideable don't ever say anything about it. I bent up a piece of metal on the back of the truck due to a tree branch. Beat it back pretty close to in place with the diad, parked it and have never spoken of it until now. That was 4 years ago and nothing ever came of it.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
If its minor and hideable don't ever say anything about it. I bent up a piece of metal on the back of the truck due to a tree branch. Beat it back pretty close to in place with the diad, parked it and have never spoken of it until now. That was 4 years ago and nothing ever came of it.
This is true. I ran over a hooker once. Never said anything, never heard anything.

OP is toast though.