Hit while parked.

TG43

Just looking for other people's experiences with this.

Unfortunately, I have experience with this, lol. A couple months ago I came up to a stop...my load was a :censored2:-show like usual and I had to go to the back digging (following orion). I hear a man yelling something like "there's a car! watch out! watch out!". I tried to get to the front and honk my horn, but didn't make it fast enough. She (his wife, elderly lady) hit the left front of my PC with right rear of her vehicle. Her husband tried to alert her my PC was there. She had no problem admitting she never looked in her mirrors and was a little embarassed, she said she was thinking about her older sister in the hospital.

I was blocking probably 2-3 ft. of their driveway. She backed out from the garage from the lane I wasn't blocking at all and backed into me, lol. I was trained to park with the "path of least resistance". I had never heard to block all or none of a driveway. I tried to claim the surface/lawn was uneven and felt it was safer getting out on level pavement. They decided it was avoidable of course. I was supposed to get a day suspension but grieved it and got it reduced to a warning letter.

I'm still kinda pis.sed that I did exactly what I was told and got in trouble. Definitely learned a little about the company, lol.

Last edited:

BostonBo

I can't recall ever being told to block a driveway. What is their reasoning behind that. Personally it sounds foolish. Then again unless you were delivering in a city residential area we either drove into a driveway or backed in--depending on if you knew you had access to turn around.
We were told to NOT block driveways because a dummy backed into one of our package cars. A couple of weeks later, a driver rolled his ankle real bad on the curb, and we all got yelled at because they said that if he parked in the driveway, he would have had a nice smooth surface to step on rather than a curved curb. We just can't win.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
This is amazing that there is yet another thread documenting the inconsistencies with this company. Not really. How can the combination to the letterboxes be consistent all across North America yet, something as simple as block or don't block driveway is all over the charts.

Who gives management their check rides so that they are qualified to check us? This would be such a great place to work if only there were consistency company-wide.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

On roomy quite side streets, I line the front bumper up with the edge of the driveway. It's funny how often people come home as you are making their delivery, so I like to keep it clear in these situations.

It would actually be safer to pull ahead and line up your rear bumper just past the edge of their driveway. If you do it your way anyone trying to pull out of the driveway would have to stick their nose out to try to see around your pkg car, which could lead to an accident.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is amazing that there is yet another thread documenting the inconsistencies with this company. Not really. How can the combination to the letterboxes be consistent all across North America yet, something as simple as block or don't block driveway is all over the charts.

Who gives management their check rides so that they are qualified to check us? This would be such a great place to work if only there were consistency company-wide.

Drop box lock codes are the same within the region only.

scooby0048

Ours all suddenly changed about 3 months ago
Drop box lock codes are the same within the region only.

Ours got changed recently as well. Supposedly, they are changed all across the country now. The reasoning was that too many current and former employees knew the codes and were tampering with the contents of said letterboxes. @UpstateNYUPSer, I was home and in your neck of the woods in January and the codes were the same as they were here.

I did however reset the indicator on two of the boxes. One, I forgot to reset.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Don't feel bad ,, those arse wipes tried to give me a warning letter twenty yrs ago ,
I was parked a few feet from curb making a pick up at a college, campus cops , city cops And the mass state police were chasing a drunk kid in a stolen car. Kid slams on brakes and did a 360 into my PC! Said I was in a bad spot ! Got police report from city and fought them and won !!!!
Morons

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
While it is subjective as to what is avoidable or not, depending on who is doing the determination, according to their guidelines issued to management, nothing is unavoidable.

Attachments

• Accident Judgement.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 140

scooby0048

While it is subjective as to what is avoidable or not, depending on who is doing the determination, according to their guidelines issued to management, nothing is unavoidable.

Reading through that BS, it makes me wonder why they even allow us to drive the company vehicles. This is my favorite part...
upload_2016-9-15_19-49-40.png

So, if 10 MPH is too fast when wet, I will gladly drive at a lower speed just to be safe. I just wonder how many of those 200 stops would actually get done. SMH!!!!

JL 0513

If you had a safe day, you were too slow and paid over.
If you had an accident or injury, you were too fast.

Neither of those? Clearly you need and will receive more stops tomorrow.