Hitting the 60 hour limit already!

W

wornoutupser

I had to be off last night by 6:00 P.M. so that I would not go over 60 for the last 5 days.
Any one else geting clobbered on hours yet?

K

kidlogic

I havent worked under 53 hours in 4 months. As of this paycheck I have made 62k as a packagecar driver. My Metro told me today that he believes this is going to be a very tough peak. There wont be enough people to handle the load. Get ready it's going to be one of those peaks to talk about for years to come.

P

proups

I LOVE IT!

A couple of months ago I had many people on this board tell me that package drivers were not subjected to the ICC Hours of Service regulations by UPS.

How does crow taste, for those of you who disputed me?

P

pkgman

Can anybody post their district?

In the MO district, we are still under a 11 hour curfew. If you go over 11, disptach will be cut a few days. Drivers over 12 have been terminated for failure to orders with greivances lowering it to 1-3 suspension.

It has been this way over a year. A change would be nice. Why not let guys work that want work/not work long hours have the choice.

T

tieguy

You can. Meet the driver that wants the overtime on lunch and move some stops.

D

dammor

Tie,

I see none here lining up for 11 hour days.

As far as meeting at lunch. That's a funny one for sure. Lunch here is a piece of jerky on the road. Fruit and nut mix with the jerky if one is lucky enough to have 10 minutes to pee and buy the mix.

T

tieguy

I was answering the question:

"A change would be nice. Why not let guys work that want work/not work long hours have the choice."

B

brownmonster

Tie, wouldn't want to move stops that the PAS system says is the perfect dispatch. Hee

T

tomb

Hmmmm,

I've had a couple of weeks at 50ish hours, but most of my paychecks have been in the 45-48 hour range (I think last week's will be 44ish.)

A couple of our cut cars have been hammered with stops and those guys are running 11ish ours.

Go figure

Tom B

D

dannyboy

LOL BM

Tie, problem is there are too many drivers that do not, repeat, NOT want to work any or much overtime. They outnumber the driver that do by at least 10 to 1.

So while it helps to be in a situation like myself, where there are 3-4 drivers meeting for lunch. YEs we do move stops around. But that is usually just to allow one of us to get in by 5. The rest pay for it by staying out till 8 or later.

More drivers would help.

d

DS

Fenderbender
Raw dug hard to find that one...dannyboy, dammor,but you know what? not a lot has changed...I personally wouldn't mind starting at 6AM with
just deliveries and working till 7pm (with a break)to get it done.
I like the overtime,I hate starting at 9AM...and I hate pickups
although mine take up half my day...some drivers come in and preload here,they are the only ones punching out at 5PM.