hiya all new ups employee here

emartin35411

Just wanted to say hello. I Just finished my 3rd week of torture working the 4-9am shift unloading. The first week was absolutly brutal. My first day I was by myself unloading 53 footers and it hurt. I didnt think I would be back after my first day. Work back then trow up a roller etc etc. Then I discovered the 9 door:) on the second day with somebody to work with. We have a power roller on and u hit a button and the hole conveyor moves into the rail. You keep that thing right up to the wall and just drop the packages onto it............what a difference. Today myself and someone else easily banged out 2 53ft rails and retain in 2 hours. Didnt even break a sweat:) We have 4-5 doors and do 14 to 15k packages a day. My goal is to become a driver:) If only all the doors had a power roller:)

DS

Fenderbender
Careful what you say around management.If you tell them you loaded 2 trailers in 2 hours without breaking a sweat,they'll expect 3 tomorrow.
Good luck on the driving position.

under the radar

A Trained Professional
Just wanted to say hello. I Just finished my 3rd week of torture working the 4-9am shift unloading. The first week was absolutly brutal. My first day I was by myself unloading 53 footers and it hurt. I didnt think I would be back after my first day. Work back then trow up a roller etc etc. Then I discovered the 9 door:) on the second day with somebody to work with. We have a power roller on and u hit a button and the hole conveyor moves into the rail. You keep that thing right up to the wall and just drop the packages onto it............what a difference. Today myself and someone else easily banged out 2 53ft rails and retain in 2 hours. Didnt even break a sweat:) We have 4-5 doors and do 14 to 15k packages a day. My goal is to become a driver:) If only all the doors had a power roller:)

I "quit" my first night on the reload, June 14th 1976 and a few times since then.

Just hang for a while; you may end up there 31 years from now be glad you stuck it out.