"Hoffa's on the belt"

T

Team Easy

when you guys have big long heavy bags going down the belt, do you guys ever yell "HOFFA'S ON THE BELT!"?

oh yeah, a driver told me that i should get a raise when the next "contract" goes down and he said that it's going down soon. when this happens, say i make $10/hour as a preloader and they started me at $8.50 as an unloader, how much will i be making?

another thing, i decided to work on my vacation last week and i only got $9/hour for the pay when i make $10...actually, $10.50 now....was i suppose to get paid $10-$10.50/hour for the vacation pay?

Overpaid Union Thug

when you guys have big long heavy bags going down the belt, do you guys ever yell "HOFFA'S ON THE BELT!"?

oh yeah, a driver told me that i should get a raise when the next "contract" goes down and he said that it's going down soon. when this happens, say i make $10/hour as a preloader and they started me at $8.50 as an unloader, how much will i be making?

another thing, i decided to work on my vacation last week and i only got $9/hour for the pay when i make $10...actually, $10.50 now....was i suppose to get paid $10-$10.50/hour for the vacation pay?

They aren't letting us work during our vacations this year. That goes for part-timers and full-timers. I usually work at least 2 days so I'll have still get a pay check when I come back from vacation but now they say no.

jware

Who told you that line of crap. You get paid your hourly rate you make presently for vacation. If you make $10 an hour now, and you take vacation that you earned last year when you made $9 an hour, you still get your present pay.

T

Taras

......You actually make 18/hr including benefits...You pay the Teamsters half of your total hrly cost leaving you 9/hr .........Perhaps you should talk with your steward & ba & ask why the Teamsters get 50% of part-timers pay but only 25% of the full-timers...

Fredless

APWA Hater
......You actually make 18/hr including benefits...You pay the Teamsters half of your total hrly cost leaving you 9/hr .........Perhaps you should talk with your steward & ba & ask why the Teamsters get 50% of part-timers pay but only 25% of the full-timers...

I pay 5.00 a week for dues, a top rate driver pays 6.75 - so he still is paying more money. So...whats the issue?

Or I can quit my part time job, which has better benefits than the full timers do and my p/t pension fund isn't bankrupt like the full timers and go to work for a regular company and pay around $50 a week for the type of benefits I am getting as a part timer.

5 dollars a week is nothing to pay for the type of benefits we get as part timers. I will agree that we need a pay raise, but the last weeks union meeting I went to, I was the ONLY part timer from the 2-3 hubs and around 10 centers our local represents. WE ARE CUTTING OUR OWN THROAT!

BSUUPS

here is what is happening with the dollar short vacation- you are in the payroll system as unskilled - you are coded in the daily system as skilled - if you load or sort to a 4 way split or more you should get the dollar while on vacation - so are you SKILLLED??????????? is it is...or is it aint

dillweed

Damn, people, you're cracking me up tonight. The tin foil hat cat pushed it over the edge. Thanks to all!

BS - you only get skill pay when doing skilled work so when on vacation get your regular unskilled. So....it ain't.
I think. dw