holiday pay in fmla

542thruNthru

Have to work the day before or the day after.

Since you were approved for FMLA, you should still get payed for holiday. I only say this because I was on fmla during Peak and still received holiday pay for Christmas.

This would depend on your supplmental/Local language. Here it's any money's earned in the week means you get paid for the holiday.

Timing? Ha! You can now take FMLA with a newborn anytime between birth and 1 year old for 12 weeks. Guess when all the guys here take it, yes, I said guys.

Yep I took advantage of that when I had my son. This company doesn't care about me so I don't care about it. So I took all 12 weeks through out the year. Depending on the state its unpaid though. 6 weeks paid here in CA ;) also they use all but one week of your vacation.

No. I have co-workers tell me that they are taking a FMLA just to screw the company

Are they being honest? Or feeling out the gossip queens?

We have guys that have FMLA for allergies. They use it to coach Pee-wee football, little league and golf. It's just like the beard waiver. Anyone that wants it can get it.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
This would depend on your supplmental/Local language. Here it's any money's earned in the week means you get paid for the holiday.

Yep I took advantage of that when I had my son. This company doesn't care about me so I don't care about it. So I took all 12 weeks through out the year. Depending on the state its unpaid though. 6 weeks paid here in CA ;) also they use all but one week of your vacation.

We have guys that have FMLA for allergies. They use it to coach Pee-wee football, little league and golf. It's just like the beard waiver. Anyone that wants it can get it.

that's what they tell "you"

rod

Retired 22 years
I've gotten to the point where this company doesn't care about us so why should we care about them.

90% do it to be around more for their kids.
There was a time I would never be able to understand why people just didn't go to work and do their job. Even when I worked we had a couple of slackers who totally abused the work comp system (usually over peak- imagine that). 98% of us showed up for work every day we were scheduled unless you were on your death bed. The way the company has disintegrated since going public I can now understand why employees have the work ethic they do. I don't believe I could ever work like that but I was raised in a different time.