Holiday pay question

Upsftd125

I am being forced in tomorrow after being told originally I would not have to work. I have no issue with working because I am about midway on the seniority list. My issue was that I made plans after being told originally I would not have to work before they decided to add 5 routes in today for tomorrow. My dilemma is whether I should just call out or not. I was told if I call out, I will not receive holiday pay. Does anyone know if I decide to go ahead and call out and file a grievance, would I likely win or lose? I work in the Atlantic supplement if that helps. My steward is not sure based on the language.

charm299

I don’t know about the Atlantic supplement but in the southern, you either have to work day before or day after to get holiday pay

I am being forced in tomorrow after being told originally I would not have to work. I have no issue with working because I am about midway on the seniority list. My issue was that I made plans after being told originally I would not have to work before they decided to add 5 routes in today for tomorrow. My dilemma is whether I should just call out or not. I was told if I call out, I will not receive holiday pay. Does anyone know if I decide to go ahead and call out and file a grievance, would I likely win or lose? I work in the Atlantic supplement if that helps. My steward is not sure based on the language.
I am not covered under your supplements but I'm pretty sure your supervisor is blowing smoke up your ass.
You worked today that's the day before the holiday That's all that counts

Upsftd125

My steward seems to think he could definitely get me pay for tomorrow because I worked today. He is not sure about Friday because they are saying I am scheduled to work tomorrow even though they have me currently listed under available instead of on a route.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
My steward seems to think he could definitely get me pay for tomorrow because I worked today. He is not sure about Friday because they are saying I am scheduled to work tomorrow even though they have me currently listed under available instead of on a route.
Pretty sure you can’t be coded as sick AND holiday pay. If you have sick days left, then checkmate.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
i will play devils advocate here. why not just work?

did you make long weekend plans? I always work new years eve because any plans we have dont start until late that night anyway

UAnon

My sup threatened to send me back out last night at 8pm because I wouldn’t volunteer to work today and Im a 30 year employee! Not so smart. Harassment grievance on the way.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I shouldn't be coded as anything. It's technically a UPS holiday. So it should just be coded as holiday pay.
You have to be “coded” as whatever the day dictates. Worked, guarantee, sick, no call no show, holiday, vacation, personal option day.