Holiday pay

Upsftd125

So here is my scenario! I am a m-friend rpcd who they haven't tried to force me in on a Saturday in over a year. Well this Wednesday, I get a message thru the diad that says I will have to work this Saturday. That evening, I tell my supervisor that I will not be able to work because of prior plans that I had for over 2 months. I also notice that 3 drivers with less seniority had requested the Saturday off and they are on a tuesday-saturday schedule. He then calls me on Friday and tells me that he doesn't currently have me listed to work but if someone calls out and it gets to me, that it could effect my holiday pay. I check my time card today and they have me listed as a call in on Saturday. So I am assuming they are trying to avoid paying me my holiday pay. My first argument will be obviously I'm a m-friend guy and Saturday is a non work day for me. My second argument will be that you can't grant someone with less seniority the day off without me having that same opportunity. I can't put in for a day I'm not scheduled for. Anyway this sticks and I don't get my holiday pay?

JustDeliverIt

Don’t see how they can hit you with a call in on a sixth punch. That would be my argument, assuming you worked all 5 days last week.

Next would be the seniority issue.

Lastly bring up you are M-Fri. Saturday isn’t your normal day to report.

Nah
I dunno where you are, but in the central you only have to work the day before or the day after to still get paid for a holiday. It also has to be scheduled, not "on call" (wtf even is that, I've never seen it in the contract).

Make sure you check the language in your supplement.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
@Upsftd125

Does your supplement or local contract recognize any such thing as "call-in". Our center tries to get away with making people think they are required to call in on days they aren't actually scheduled. In reality, they can only schedule two people to be on call, and they have to pay them to wait around to see if they will be used.

I showed some people here the language, but they completely misunderstood some very clear language. So I ran it up through my BA, and he had the same mistaken interpretation of the language. I read it over with him a few times, and he asked the JC folks about it. What he came back with is that the company isn't utilizing our "on call" provision, and they can't discipline anyone for not calling in or for not answering a call, even if they are on the schedule as "call in". I don't know why this was kept such a big secret, but I have informed our newer guys, and the supervisors still try to lie to them about it.

@Upsftd125

Does your supplement or local contract recognize any such thing as "call-in". Our center tries to get away with making people think they are required to call in on days they aren't actually scheduled. In reality, they can only schedule two people to be on call, and they have to pay them to wait around to see if they will be used.

I showed some people here the language, but they completely misunderstood some very clear language. So I ran it up through my BA, and he had the same mistaken interpretation of the language. I read it over with him a few times, and he asked the JC folks about it. What he came back with is that the company isn't utilizing our "on call" provision, and they can't discipline anyone for not calling in or for not answering a call, even if they are on the schedule as "call in". I don't know why this was kept such a big secret, but I have informed our newer guys, and the supervisors still try to lie to them about it.
It's different here. If you are full-time there is no such thing as being on call.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
So here is my scenario! I am a m-friend rpcd who they haven't tried to force me in on a Saturday in over a year. Well this Wednesday, I get a message thru the diad that says I will have to work this Saturday. That evening, I tell my supervisor that I will not be able to work because of prior plans that I had for over 2 months. I also notice that 3 drivers with less seniority had requested the Saturday off and they are on a tuesday-saturday schedule. He then calls me on Friday and tells me that he doesn't currently have me listed to work but if someone calls out and it gets to me, that it could effect my holiday pay. I check my time card today and they have me listed as a call in on Saturday. So I am assuming they are trying to avoid paying me my holiday pay. My first argument will be obviously I'm a m-friend guy and Saturday is a non work day for me. My second argument will be that you can't grant someone with less seniority the day off without me having that same opportunity. I can't put in for a day I'm not scheduled for. Anyway this sticks and I don't get my holiday pay?
on-call 😂
…can’t believe any elite RPCD member would even believe that.

..something tells me your not a RPCD
🧐

🧔‍♂️✊

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
on-call 😂

🧐

🧔‍♂️✊
tony-soprano.gif

Upsftd125

on-call 😂

🧐

🧔‍♂️✊
Work on your reading comprehension and you will see I never said on call. He had acknowledged that I wouldn't be there but because he had me down as an extra, he would list me as a call out if it got to me.

@Upsftd125

So I'm athe Atlantic supplement and according to BA, it becomes a scheduled work day with 48 hours notice. He also said we had two ways to attack it. First of all, because he knew up front I would not be working, he did not list me on the schedule as a extra or on a route. He did list the less senior drivers under me as using optionals, so we also have the argument that I wasn't afforded the chance to do thr same.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Work on your reading comprehension and you will see I never said on call. He had acknowledged that I wouldn't be there but because he had me down as an extra, he would list me as a call out if it got to me.

So I'm athe Atlantic supplement and according to BA, it becomes a scheduled work day with 48 hours notice. He also said we had two ways to attack it. First of all, because he knew up front I would not be working, he did not list me on the schedule as a extra or on a route. He did list the less senior drivers under me as using optionals, so we also have the argument that I wasn't afforded the chance to do thr same.
Quit your crying and man up and file a grievance

Oh wait , you won’t

BYE BYE ROOKIE

YOULL NEVER BE A REAL RPCD , LITTLE ON CALL SATURDAY PUPPY DOG 😂

🧔‍♂️✊

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
It's different here. If you are full-time there is no such thing as being on call.

Our language requires the company to pay the on call drivers 4 hrs of pay to sit around until noon and call in to make sure they aren't needed. Instead, the company doesn't use that, makes everyone believe they are on call if they aren't scheduled, and tries to pretend that the 4 hour on call pay actually means the lowest two senior drivers are only guaranteed 4 hrs pay. The clause right before it says that all seniority drivers are entitled to a full day's pay if they show up and are put to work. Some of the clearest language in the contract, and people still get confused by it.

Upsftd125

@Upsftd125

Do you know what article this is?