Holiday season highlight: UPS driver caught on camera hiding package from porch pirates

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Holiday season highlight: UPS driver caught on camera hiding package from porch pirates - WRAL

It's that time of the year when porch pirates are on the prowl looking to steal precious packages. So the actions of a UPS driver caught on camera were all the more impressive to Sampson County homeowner Latoya Price.

When she watched the video from her doorbell camera, Price saw the extra effort Vince Talley made on Wednesday to protect her new TV.

"It really meant a lot to me, because I do see all of the negative from their job," she said.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Kudos to the driver for taking care of the customer; however, with a high value package such as a 50" flat screen TV, he should have tried to bring it to the rear of the house or left it in the garage, if possible.

The key is to hide the package without making it look too obvious.

rod

Retired 22 years
Why the friend would you order a 50 inch tv and have it shipped to your house if you aren't home during the day? I find it hard to feel sorry for most of these idiots getting stuff stole from them. What did she save ordering it compared to going down to Walmart or Best Buy and buying one on sale?