Hoodie-wearing thieves steal 300 iPhone Xs from delivery truck outside San Francisco store

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Hoodie-wearing thieves steal 300 iPhone Xs from delivery truck outside San Francisco store - San Francisco Chronicle

Some folks just didn't want to wait for the new iPhone X.

Three men stole more than 300 phones worth more than $370,000 from a UPS truck parked outside a San Francisco Apple Store Wednesday, according to the San Francisco Police Department.

The incident occurred between 11:15 a.m. and 11:30 a.m., and a witness told police the thieves were wearing hoodies and driving a white Dodge van.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
I was glad to get the last T Mobile box off my package car yesterday because the release definitely upped my stop count.
People were answering their doors quick and even waiting in the driveway to get their hands on them.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
It was probably an Amazon contractor employee in a white van subsidizing his crappy pay.
If the van was scratched, dinged and dented then I bet they should look at the nearest Amazon hub.

Last edited:

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Back when the Iphone 8 was surging through the system we could fit just under a hundred T-mobile boxes in one bag for deliveries. All the thieves likely needed to do was drag four or five of those bags conveniently located near the rear of the package car from the dock into their own van.

A preloader (especially in seasonal period) could have tipped them off but we are not masterminds. Many here don't even pay attention to the town their assigned cars are delivering to. Only me and the rarest few will know how to print out a driver's route and study them before the shift starts.

Last edited:

Gear

Parts on Order
Alot of PC key lock box codes are 1 number around here. Got to keep it simple so the driver can open it. Anything more than 1 number and guys get confused.