Horror stories

Raw

Raw Member
:happy-very:I complain how management makes bonehead decisions but enjoy my job. I work late but go out with my wife a couple times a week and go on our boat on the weekends. Sucks living on the gulf of mexico with a boat and dock with boat lift and jetski and pool and hot tub in my back yard. Real resort style living on a drivers pay! LOL:happy-very:

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Sugar Ray made him quit but Hearns knocked him out cold with an uppercut, Duran was out before he hit the canvas face first!! LOL
[video=youtube;3oSb21Vx5rE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oSb21Vx5rE[/video]
i loved that fight,, worst part is Duran was not humbled at all by that horrible beating,, he was a mean sob,, oh and on a side note,, its a job, thats why we get paid to do it, who loves their job all the time?

Raw

Raw Member
i loved that fight,, worst part is Duran was not humbled at all by that horrible beating,, he was a mean sob,, oh and on a side note,, its a job, thats why we get paid to do it, who loves their job all the time?
I loved it also, proves how great Hearns was and how awesome Hagler was for taking Hearns` best punches. Too bad Hearns didn`t win a few fights he should of, I suppose Sugar was able to get in Tommy`s head and mentally beat him. Duran was also a truly great fighter but not a nice person! Too bad boxing isn`t what it used to be!:dissapointed:

kmjs14

Curious...what does everyone think is the reason behind the change in UPS behavior towards its employees? If a few years back things were better, what was the catalyst (economy, new mgmt,etc)? And do you think things will improve in 2013 with a new contract?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Curious...what does everyone think is the reason behind the change in UPS behavior towards its employees? If a few years back things were better, what was the catalyst (economy, new mgmt,etc)? And do you think things will improve in 2013 with a new contract?

UPS going public.

2013 will be contentious to put it mildly.

Raw

Raw Member
IMG_2195.jpgIMG_2099.jpgHow UPS has benefited me - IMG_2101.jpg
IMG_2101.jpg
IMG_2099.jpg
IMG_2195.jpg

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
It's an awful company, workplace, environment, etc. Truly dysfunctional.

However that also makes it unique and almost like survival of the fittest mentality. Get in, get your $ and get out.

What is interesting is that, job security factors in highly. It's great knowing you basically will never get get fired or laid off (aside from the Cardinals, or no juice) So in that sense, there is no survival of the fittest.

I agree. But for management it is an issue if survival. Their conditions are poor too. Ppl I care about are the only reason I'm here sounding off. It does and will affect us. The 2013 contract negotions WILL jack a lotta jaws. I really hope we can redirect some problems before it is truly tumultuous.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

A feeling of betrayal because of the 1997 strike and going public ... mainly going public.

moreluck

golden ticket member
OK, just a little psychological, hypothetical question. What would your reactions be if Raw was a division manager showing you his beautiful house ??? :smart:

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
OK, just a little psychological, hypothetical question. What would your reactions be if Raw was a division manager showing you his beautiful house ??? :smart:
Nothing different than I would think of anyone else. I'm glad that he is comfortable, that he feels UPS has benefitted him. I'm sure he's benefitted the company too! It's a beautiful house. I've never met him, Doesn't matter if he flips burgers or is McD Corp's CEO.

The only missing part of my life is my Momma. Relationships matter. I would be content in a yurt.

Raw

Raw Member

Good point! ( DM`s homes must be rockin` but I do see where you are going with that!) I was just showing Mr. Negative that we have our reasons for doing a bit of hard work in a tough work enviroment! :wink2:

moreluck

golden ticket member
I for one, love your surroundings, Raw. It looks like you worked hard for all you have. I wish my kids could be so focused.

Anyway, that's why the question was just hypothetical because of all the talk lately of corporate greed.

Kind of like people saying that old turkey was nothing until it's taken away, then they gripe. I hope you know what I mean. :happy2: