Hot enough for you?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I can't believe the drivers we have that still wear long pants and shirt sleeves in this weather. Some of them will still wear the insulated vest too. :anxious:

herbigharo32

The heat by itself does not bother me too much. What bothers me is having my cloths get soaked in sweat. Also, everything is so sticky and itchy. The main rule of thumb is to pace myself so I don't overheat or get exhausted.

rod

Retired 22 years
I can put on enough clothes to stay warm, but there is no way to take enough off to stay cool!!

The trouble with that is after you put on long johns and a half a dozen layers of clothes you will eventually get hung up at some stop waiting for a COD or any one of a dozen other reasons. Its always the place that has their heat up to 85 degrees so now you end up both sweaty and cold. :wink2: Its just way easier to work wearing a short sleeve shirt (one that is thread bare and has been washed so many times you can just about see through it) and a pair of sexy UPS shorts than it is looking like one of South Park characters.

omg they killed kenny , you bastards

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Sorry to invade your thread drivers.

Try preloading a shift at 89 degrees and 100% humidity next to hot running machinery and almost walking continuously 3-4 miles a night with heavey packages. Ahh, the good life LOL XD~!~.

I would rather freeze then roast.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I can put on enough clothes to stay warm, but there is no way to take enough off to stay cool!!
I disagree totally. I can dump ice water down my shirt and on my head all day long. In the winter you just freeze.
This was the worst and longest winter I ever remember, and ive seen a few winters. Ill take hot hot hot.

Paid-over-in-Maine

15 more years of this!
I like the heat also. It's not around long enough here in N.E. 3 days of sun so far in the month of June. Rain the rest of the time. I'm so ready for 95 degrees!

rod

Retired 22 years
Confucis say: ---anyone that says they would rather work in the cold-- hasn't worked in real cold.:surprised: ( last winter we had a lovely -37 below morning -------in sure my fellow workers would rather of stayed in bed ---- like me)

twilight

Sorry to invade your thread drivers.

Try preloading a shift at 89 degrees and 100% humidity next to hot running machinery and almost walking continuously 3-4 miles a night with heavey packages. Ahh, the good life LOL XD~!~.

I would rather freeze then roast.
I know preload is bad enough, but try unloading twilight shift when its 109 degrees, and 100% humidity inside a package car that's been running in the sun with the bulkhead door closed and heat radiating in through both the roof and the exhaust pipes running under the floor. Far less walking though, but nonstop movement with the same heavy packages.

twilight

The trouble with that is after you put on long johns and a half a dozen layers of clothes you will eventually get hung up at some stop waiting for a COD or any one of a dozen other reasons. Its always the place that has their heat up to 85 degrees so now you end up both sweaty and cold. :wink2: Its just way easier to work wearing a short sleeve shirt (one that is thread bare and has been washed so many times you can just about see through it) and a pair of sexy UPS shorts than it is looking like one of South Park characters.
YouTube - omg they killed kenny , you bastards
I'm just glad we don't wear uniforms inside, especially with polyester. I can barely stand a cotton tank top. It gets completely soaked by break time every night.

M

Mike23

Confucis say: ---anyone that says they would rather work in the cold-- hasn't worked in real cold.:surprised: ( last winter we had a lovely -37 below morning -------in sure my fellow workers would rather of stayed in bed ---- like me)

Agreed! They need to insulate the floor not the doors. It's always my feet that are cold because a 2cm thick piece of metal is not enough to keep the cold off your feet :biting:

rod

Retired 22 years
We had our annual week of hot weather- now it's back down in the 70's. In fact a couple of days ago it only got up in the 50's for a high. Almost turned on the furnace again.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
nous41 kbox 010446
pnsbox
ctz002>004-maz002>024-026-nhz011-012-015-riz001>008-040000-

public information statement
national weather service taunton ma
1240 am edt wed jul 01 2009

...june 2009 was unusually cool...cloudy and frequently wet across
much of southern new england...

thanks to a persistent trough across southern new england...june 2009
featured predominantly cool and moist conditions.

The following is a monthly climate summary for the long term climate
sites across southern new england.

boston tied the 6th coolest june on record with 1982.
Boston logan june 2009 average temperature 63.3f...departure -4.7f

16 days of measurable precipitation 0.01 inch or more occurred in june
2009. The normal is 10 days. The record number of days with
measurable precipitation for any june is 18 days set in 1942.

Official records have been kept in boston since 1872.

it is likely that june 2009 was the second gloomiest june month
recorded at the blue hills observatory.
the least june sunshine
recorded was 25 percent in 1903 and 36 percent in 1998.

official records have been kept at the blue hills observatory since

providence tied the 9th coolest june on record with with 1927 and
Providence tf green airport june 2009 average temperature 64.4f...
Departure -3.2f.

17 days of measurable precipitation 0.01 inch or more occurred during
june 2009. The normal is 11 days. This ties record number of days
with measurable precipitation for any june set in 2006...1989 and

In addition a low maximum was tied for the month of june 2009...81
degrees. This low maximum also occurred during june 1982.

Official records have been kept in providence since 1905.

Hartford average temperature is outside the top ten coolest junes.
Hartford bradley international airport june 2009 average temperature
66.3f...departure -2.2f.

June 2009 precipitation totaled 6.27 inches...departure +2.42
inches. The tenth wettest june totaled 6.65 inches in 1989 and 1968.

18 days of measurable precipitation 0.01 inch or more occurred during
june 2009. The normal is 11 days. The record number of days with
measurable precipitation for any june is 20 days set in 1998.

Official records have been kept in the hartford area since 1905.

worcester regional airport average june 2009 temperature 61.9f...
Departure from normal -3.8f is the 6th coolest june on record.

19 days of measurable precipitation 0.01 inch or more occurred
during june 2009. This is a new record for june. This beats the
record of 18 days in june 2006 1998 1985 1972 1968 1945 and 1928.
The normal is 11 days.

greatest number of measurable days of precipitation for any month in
worcester is 21 days in may 1983.

June 2009 precipitation totaled 6.51 inches...departure +2.49
inches. The tenth wettest june totaled 6.84 inches in 1928.

the 12 consecutive days of measurable precipitation 6/18 through
6/29 fell one day short of a record.

official records have been kept in worcester since 1892.

$$

over9five

Staff member
I'll give you the condensed version of Sleeves post:

It's been raining here near every day for over a month. It rained the days I was camping. It's raining today. (Heck, it's POURING today). Everyone's sick of it.

M

Mike23

It was sooooo hot today. It was a whole 59F! It's been like this almost all week! Oh god help us we're melting in our trucks!

Oh, we also had a tornado watch warning...In Canada, weeeeird stuff going on. Of course the hail's pretty normal in western canada area.